• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

UK Lockdown

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Well done Stephen Kinnock taking essential supplies ( a stew , a crumble and birthday cake ) from Wales to London to enjoy his fathers birthday !

Covidiot !

Legohead

Banned
Yeah. Let's have trials now instead of months ago when it was clear then they would be needed. Better late than never I guess.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I don't understand why Boris thinks he needs to spend £5.5m on sending us all letters.

Legohead

Banned
I don't understand why Boris thinks he needs to spend £5.5m on sending us all letters.
Especially when the advice for most is the same. Stay at home and don't go anywhere unless vital.

Legohead

Banned
We have no real leaders in this country in any party so we just have to bumble our way through it together.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Easier to just send 1 to my sister ……….. she can spread gossip / news quicker than anyone I know !

OmanGrecian

Could be several reasons.

There are still a number of people not following the guidelines and many have asked for them to be clearer. This should hopefully reiterate the message and could (not sure) be legally binding in written form.

There are a number of people (mainly the elderly) who don't have access to the internet and don't have a TV. They shouldn't be forgotten about, they also need the information.

I have seen many tweets saying the money should be used on ventilators, however, money isn't the issue. The issue is the supplies available, the money is there for them, but there aren't enough available at the moment.

Let's hope Boris isn't personally licking the envelopes

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
How ridiculous

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster

There are still a number of people not following the guidelines and many have asked for them to be clearer. This should hopefully reiterate the message and could (not sure) be legally binding in written form.

There are a number of people (mainly the elderly) who don't have access to the internet and don't have a TV. They shouldn't be forgotten about, they also need the information.

I have seen many tweets saying the money should be used on ventilators, however, money isn't the issue. The issue is the supplies available, the money is there for them, but there aren't enough available at the moment.

Oman.
It is more likely the elderly don't have good enough eyesight to read the letter than they don't have a TV (or radio)
Announcements on TV are far more effective. It doesn't have to always be the P.M , either. A popular presenter, preferably female, could be used. And there should always be sign language for the deaf
Legal? Does the P.M always send letters to the whole population for matters of law? What legal matter could it possibly refer to?
The idea is nonsense

spanky

exeweb.com eejit
Staff member

Oman,

Putting mixed messages on a piece of paper won't make them any clearer, and besides, the guidelines will probably have changed by the time they are delivered!