• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

UK Lockdown

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
Incidentally I'm moving back to Devon from London next month. I'll be sure to bring my tier 2 germs with me.
Can i move back with you?

tavyred

Just read about the Czech Republic experience with Covid-19. Apparently adopted compulsory mask wearing early. Relatively low first peak. On June 30 recorded no new Covid-19 deaths. Then relaxed and made mask wearing non-compulsory - there is an election in October. Now cases rising again.
Highest infection rates in Europe in the Czech Republic now apparently. Interesting to see that some of the countries that were praised for their efforts in the first wave are now struggling with the rest of us this time round.
Poor Belgium looks like it could be hit the hardest again in Europe. I’ve a feeling we could be in a continent wide lockdown sooner rather than later.

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
Highest infection rates in Europe in the Czech Republic now apparently. Interesting to see that some of the countries that were praised for their efforts in the first wave are now struggling with the rest of us this time round.
Poor Belgium looks like it could be hit the hardest again in Europe. I’ve a feeling we could be in a continent wide lockdown sooner rather than later.
Belgium was the country lauded for the 10pm pub curfew being shown to work
Turns out it didn't

DB9

I've just heard that all my colleagues who are still on furlough are being made redundant like me, A situation to be repeated across the country after October ends I'd imagine.

dontpassback

I've just heard that all my colleagues who are still on furlough are being made redundant like me, A situation to be repeated across the country after October ends I'd imagine.
Sorry to hear that,and best wishes for the future

DB9

Sorry to hear that,and best wishes for the future
Ta, I was told couple weeks ago, My colleagues were only told today which I think was pretty rotten, I'm sure they decided this when I was told.

dontpassback

Ta, I was told couple weeks ago, My colleagues were only told today which I think was pretty rotten, I'm sure they decided this when I was told.
Yes,I heard today of someone who was informed by text,FFS what’s wrong with a phone call,we now live in a callous world unfortunately

Mr Jinx

You want (Not you personally) an iPhone, TV, any other electronic item, Clothes, Trainers etc etc etc then a boycott would never work.
Not all phones are made in China. South Korea do a good line. They make good TVs too.

It's easy to find alternatives to stuff made in China. Even with clothes.

DB9

Not all phones are made in China. South Korea do a good line. They make good TVs too.

It's easy to find alternatives to stuff made in China. Even with clothes.
Yep but big companies have huge investments, Factories etc in China, You'll have to convince them to up sticks and leave, There's a lot of cheap labour in China, People want nice stuff but want it cheap as possible.

manc grecian

We had that from the beginning of term.
Which makes sense but now seems a bit pointless.