• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

UK Lockdown

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Ah, a nice crisp slice of coronary clog eh Al?
I regret that I succumb

tavyred

So we'll have to wait and see if the infection rate goes up after the incubation period which i think is 7-14 days?
Maybe even a tad earlier than that DB. Symptoms can appear after just two days in some cases.

DB9

Maybe even a tad earlier than that DB. Symptoms can appear after just two days in some cases.
If that's the case then Tavy, Why back in March is Cheltenham and the Liverpool/Athletico match was highlighted as a good possibility those events caused a high infection rate here and in Spain? so many things just don't add up.

Mr Jinx

And so the left leaning rags have egg on their faces this morning. The Guardian was hoping (praying) that Super Saturday was going to be an unmitigated disaster. No doubt they had numerous doomscroll articles at the ready just waiting to press the button. Well, a fair bit of humble pie being eaten at Guardian Towers this morning.

Of course you're always going to get knobheads who couldn't give a toss about anything or anyone but thankfully they are in the minority. Most of us obviously do care and have an element of common sense to boot. Just goes to show how little faith the metropolitan intelligentsia has in the country and its people as a whole.

arthur

Just been to Vision Express "please use the anti bacterial gel sir". I did, without demur, and looked at the label and it was indeed anti bacterial gel.

And there was me thinking Covid 19 was caused by a virus. We are fast becoming a nation of futile gestures; unsurprising given that we are led by a man who has raised futile gestures to an art form

arthur

I am also going on the presumption that those who flooded the beaches over Easter and May Bank Holidays plus the BLM protests, We haven't seen mass rises in infection rates/deaths, Which we would of by now. But hey, What do I know?
Talking of non rises in infections/deaths I watched the Salisbury Poisoning drama doc the other day. Despite there being multiple traces of Novichok all over the place, and ample opportunity for people to be in contact with them (especially in the Police Station they closed and in Rafe Spall's house), the only people who were affected were those who had direct exposure to a primary source - the Skripal's door handle and the Sturgess perfume bottle.

When the Porton Down man was asked why none of the policeman's family had been affected, despite their house being full of the stuff, he said it was "a miracle". If that's the case, there were an awful lot of miracles in Salisbury.

I haven't seen much discussion on whether the closing of Salisbury was, in hindsight, not necessary, but maybe I haven't been looking in the right places

Grecian2K

Of course you're always going to get knobheads who couldn't give a toss about anything or anyone and unfortunately they are in government.
Small amendment in the interest of veracity.

Oh, it wasn't just the perfidious "left leaning rags" - or, more accurately rag - singular - that was getting the vapours about the possible carnage on "Independence Day". IIRC Many of the "right leaning rags" were also jumping on to the doom & gloom bandwagon prior to Saturday's bacchanalia. But hey, why bother to let a little balance get in the way of a lovingly nurtured prejudice, eh?

Avening Posse

Although only 106 have died so far in Oz, a significant outbreak not due to people returning to Oz (in Melbourne) has seriously ramped up a reaction here with the border between New South Wales and Victoria now closed. A large public housing estate in Melbourne has been sealed off and nobody is allowed off it. Food is supposedly being delivered to the estate but is causing big controversy. Oz certainly takes Covid very seriously.

Mr Jinx

Loving the greeting grockles got around Dawlish way over the weekend...

elginCity

If that's the case then Tavy, Why back in March is Cheltenham and the Liverpool/Athletico match was highlighted as a good possibility those events caused a high infection rate here and in Spain? so many things just don't add up.
Believe it all stemmed from the Atalanta v Valencia game in February which was the main cause
attributed to the high infection rate in Bergamo province (the Valencia squad was hit badly too).
The match was played 2 days before Italy's first case, people wildly celebrated the home side's four goals
without a care. Perhaps it was bad luck, a super spreader, who knows.

Since then we've learned the majority of outbreaks occur indoors; choirs, pubs, restaurants, factories, cruise liners etc etc.
That's why people are fearful of a second wave during the winter months.