• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

UK Lockdown

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
Anyone going to a pub, I haven't seen any dray lorries working last couple of days so those first few pints have been sat in a barrel for months! 🤮😀
Cricket club bar later for a pint, outside table for 4 with the family tomorrow lunch :)
More importantly, off out now for a haircut

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
Obvious risks involved, People have to take personal responsibility and behave (We can but hope) but looking at the economic forcasts we can't afford to keep hidden away, 12k+ jobs lost this week alone, We have to get things moving. Like you Tavy, No interest in going to a pub until things settle just like in the last few weeks of queuing to get a burger, New cupboard or for the tip. The Government IMHO have not helped themselves over this but people themselves have to realise their responsibilities if we're going to get through this. As someone else said most of us do behave but you can't help the "Terminally Thick"

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Just because you can, doesn't mean you must. Will be spending the day at home and not seeing anyone but my family.

Banksy

Anyone going to a pub, I haven't seen any dray lorries working last couple of days so those first few pints have been sat in a barrel for months! 🤮😀
As my wife is in the vulnerable bracket I’m not risking anything , that won’t change until we get a vaccine.I’ll continue to enjoy the different beers I’ve been getting by the bottle.My son in law has been getting them for me during the shutdown.
Also , as I ‘ve mentioned before , I make my own wine and sometimes beer.Think I’ve got around a hundred bottles of homemade wine in my shed all nicely maturing!

Antony Moxey

Just because you can, doesn't mean you must. Will be spending the day at home and not seeing anyone but my family.
Well indeed. Whilst it’d be nice to go out for a pint, the (necessary) restrictions and palaver you have to go through means it’s just not worth it. Rather sit in the garden with a nice bottle of wine. Which I think I’d rather do anyway regardless of the current situation.

DB9

As my wife is in the vulnerable bracket I’m not risking anything , that won’t change until we get a vaccine.I’ll continue to enjoy the different beers I’ve been getting by the bottle.My son in law has been getting them for me during the shutdown.
Also , as I ‘ve mentioned before , I make my own wine and sometimes beer.Think I’ve got around a hundred bottles of homemade wine in my shed all nicely maturing!
Sounds a smart idea Banksy, Mind waiting for a vaccine could be a while but while you are waiting sinking your homemade wine in the garden in these summer evenings sounds pretty perfect.

arthur

Banksy

Sounds a smart idea Banksy, Mind waiting for a vaccine could be a while but while you are waiting sinking your homemade wine in the garden in these summer evenings sounds pretty perfect.
Yes , a lot of it is very nicely matured at two or three years old so is getting quite smooth!
I do make the occasional beer too and experiment with the ingredients.For instance , I add fruit once in a while like say raspberries.And instead of hops I include rosemary.They used to preserve the beer with that in medieval times. I won’t make so much this year but I’ve already picked out some nice bunches of sloes , greengages and some elderberries on my walk with the dog. Been making it for a long time , was once offered a job to make it for sale for a vineyard!Enough , else this thread will be renamed home brewer and the mods will be on my back!

Banksy

P.s on the vaccine point , one of my friend’s sons who lives in Oxford took part in vaccine trials there a month or so ago so I’m hopeful!

Reactions: DB9

DB9

Yes , a lot of it is very nicely matured at two or three years old so is getting quite smooth!
I do make the occasional beer too and experiment with the ingredients.For instance , I add fruit once in a while like say raspberries.And instead of hops I include rosemary.They used to preserve the beer with that in medieval times. I won’t make so much this year but I’ve already picked out some nice bunches of sloes , greengages and some elderberries on my walk with the dog. Been making it for a long time , was once offered a job to make it for sale for a vineyard!Enough , else this thread will be renamed home brewer and the mods will be on my back!
During this lockdown (Put that word in so the mods don't slap me on the wrist) Do you do most of your Wine/Beer tasting just before you post your "Jokes" on the Entertainment Thread? :unsure:;):ROFLMAO: