• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

UK Lockdown

Legohead

Banned
Sky should have done some research on him first. He's all over the place, in supporting Corbyn, not supporting Corbyn!
You mean the doctor?

If there's one person all over the place it's Cummings. Literally.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
You mean the doctor?
Yes, the doctor.

Legohead

Banned
Yes, the doctor.
So can't trust Sky news now then. Anyone know a balanced and reputable news agency where I can get my news from that's actually reliable? Still think Cummings deserves a good tanking though.

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
So can't trust Sky news now then. Anyone know a balanced and reputable news agency where I can get my news from that's actually reliable? Still think Cummings deserves a good tanking though.
You can still trust Sky News, and BBC and ITN for that. Just because they interview people who have opinions with varying degrees of bias or inconsistencies doesn't mean the actual news content is flawed. They are just giving their opinion and it is up to us whether we agree with that opinion or not.

In that Doctor's case, my opinion is threatening to resign himself makes no sense and only hurts the people he is trying to protect, not Cummings. I doubt Cummings (or Boris) care what he does personally. The next time I see him on any channel, I will take his opinions at face value, but be aware of he gives out empty threats!

Grecian2K

How dare you insult the memory of The Three Stooges.
Ploease accept my sincere and humble apology Mr B.

I was indeed getting them confused with that other comedy act

Alistair20000

While I have no time for Cummings, I have been laughing reasonably hard at the videos of the press scrum and photography brigade falling over themselves to get pics and throw questions at him.

I hope Plod is going to round them all up for this flagrant breach of social distancing. All on video so evidence not in question .

Hypocrisy on hypocrisy ?

DB9

While I have no time for Cummings, I have been laughing reasonably hard at the videos of the press scrum and photography brigade falling over themselves to get pics and throw questions at him.

I hope Plod is going to round them all up for this flagrant breach of social distancing. All on video so evidence not in question .

Hypocrisy on hypocrisy ?
Not really because by the time those hoards of press were around him, All the rules didn't mean a thing because of Cummings action or is it still one rule for them and one rule for the rest of us?

LOG

Genuine question: 9-10 wks since lockdown (I know some things have been eased) just asking, How is everyone doing? Nothing political, Just reall want to know, If you don't want to say totally cool with that.
My life hasn’t massively changed from a routine point of view. I’m still working and worked from home anyway.

Not being able to see people or just do “normal” things without planning them first is still a bit difficult but feels pretty normal itself now. One good thing to come of it is that shopping less frequently has made me realise how much I spend on crap. I knew this really but when you buy all of your crap in one go it’s more obvious.

One thing I do find slightly irritating is seeing pics all over social media of people out enjoying themselves as they’re furloughed. I’m about as far from the front line as I could be work wise but am still working so seeing someone out having a picnic at a beauty spot or walking along the beach whilst I’m sat at a desk isn’t terribly helpful. These same people then bleat on about how we should have some extra bank holidays later in the year despite having being been on paid leave for the thick end of three months.

OmanGrecian

Genuine question: 9-10 wks since lockdown (I know some things have been eased) just asking, How is everyone doing? Nothing political, Just reall want to know, If you don't want to say totally cool with that.
Still working, so not much has changed on that front. It’s the not knowing when I’ll see loved ones again that hits me hard. As the travel restrictions are lifted in June for Italy, the UK then brings its quarantine rule into force. I’ll still be unable to get back home to see my daughter and my family because work can’t spare me for that long (plus the quarantine away from family in the UK will use up a large portion of my leave allowance).

Still don’t know when I’ll next see my girlfriend either, as she is from the US and lives in the US. There’s no news of when flights to the US for non-Americans will resume.

There’s a good bunch of people here and we are all getting though it together.

Reactions: DB9

DB9

Still working, so not much has changed on that front. It’s the not knowing when I’ll see loved ones again that hits me hard. As the travel restrictions are lifted in June for Italy, the UK then brings its quarantine rule into force. I’ll still be unable to get back home to see my daughter and my family because work can’t spare me for that long (plus the quarantine away from family in the UK will use up a large portion of my leave allowance).

Still don’t know when I’ll next see my girlfriend either, as she is from the US and lives in the US. There’s no news of when flights to the US for non-Americans will resume.

There’s a good bunch of people here and we are all getting though it together.
Tough on you not seeing your loved ones, Especially your daughter, That must be very hard, Not seeing my Grandchildren in the flesh is hard but as a father it must be worse. As for your girlfriend my friend, I'm sure you'll make up for not seeing her when you do ;) (y)