• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

UK Lockdown

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
My wifes birthday tomorrow, My kids and her grandkids won't be here visiting, Although she'll see them via wattsapp its not the same and i know its hitting her hard, One rule for them etc
I know. It's awful. I have talked the MiL down, she will stay on her own in Dorset.
Many happy returns to Mrs DB9.
Buying presents has been a nightmare even, but that is very much a luxury problem to have!

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
Genuine question: 9-10 wks since lockdown (I know some things have been eased) just asking, How is everyone doing? Nothing political, Just reall want to know, If you don't want to say totally cool with that.
Absolutely fine. For our household it’s pretty much the same as before this all kicked off with the exception being SWMBO does click and collect for the shopping rather than us going to the supermarket together. Genuinely not even missing there being no football.

Reactions: DB9

DB9

P.S. If Cummings is stood down now he will probably pop back up later. Think Peter Mandelson.
Difference is Al, Mandelson was an elected MP (1992-2004), Cummings is not elected and don't think he has even been (Stand to be corrected though)

Antony Moxey

It must be very confusing for the young kids. Who knows what thoughts they have in their heads. And school will not be the same : separated desks, physical contact not encouraged, playtime restricted, not so much fun activity in class. The kids must think this is all very weird.
Which is entirely at odds with how schools have been operating so far.

DB9

Absolutely fine. For our household it’s pretty much the same as before this all kicked off with the exception being SWMBO does click and collect for the shopping rather than us going to the supermarket together. Genuinely not even missing there being no football.
Glad all ok at Moxey Towers Ant, As always love reading your film reviews (y)

Antony Moxey

Glad all ok at Moxey Towers Ant, As always love reading your film reviews (y)
Oddly enough I’ve seen fewer films during this lockdown period than I normally would!

DB9

Oddly enough I’ve seen fewer films during this lockdown period than I normally would!
I'd thought you'd been watching loads! How is your work during this lockdown? Just out of interest

Alistair20000

Difference is Al, Mandelson was an elected MP (1992-2004), Cummings is not elected and don't think he has even been (Stand to be corrected though)
No Cummings has never been an MP nor a Minister and arguably that makes it less compelling to force him out.

Not sure what your point is here though DB

Last edited:

Alistair20000

Assuming it is not impertinent to ask, what do you fill the day with Ant ? I had thought more films until I saw your other post.

DB9

No Cummings has never been an MP and arguably that makes it less compelling to force him out.

Not sure what your point is here though DB
My point Al is you using Mandelson as a reference in this case with Cummings, My point is one was elected so had a right to be influential and the other isn't.