• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

UK Lockdown

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
The fact is that it was the Govt's decision that we should stay home in order to protect others, not our decision. Cummings was a key player in reaching that decision Many people made sacrifices to adhere to those instructions

arthur

What law did he break?
Do you not understand that it's not about the law, it's about the message his behaviour sends. It means that no one will take any instructions from Johnson seriously ever again

DB9

The fact is that it was the Govt's decision that we should stay home in order to protect others, not our decision. Cummings was a key player in reaching that decision Many people made sacrifices to adhere to those instructions
Like their livelihoods, Wages, Movement and most importantly not able to be there when a loved one has passed away

IndoMike

Yes. My bet is that Johnson will waffle on in his usual way and support the wayward Cummings. This serves 2 purposes :

1. Deflecting from the main issues : which are the horrific number of Covid19 fatalities and the likely delays/fark ups regarding the implementation of track and trace

2. Ensuring that Cummings continues to do the work that Johnson admits he can't do, especially strategy and details.

The lesser evil for Johnson is keeping Cummings on the job, imo.
We'll find out at 5 p.m your time.
Yep. A complete whitewash. Not even any waffle

IndoMike

Like their livelihoods, Wages, Movement and most importantly not able to be there when a loved one has passed away
I was going to say that, but Johnson is on the floor right now

DB9

I was going to say that, but Johnson is on the floor right now
Johnson: "Waffle, Waffle, Buffoon, Cummings good chap, Latin, Latin". End of briefing.

DB9

Johnson: Its offical, There IS one law for the great unwashed and another for the elite.

IndoMike

Apparently Twitter is going mad about this.

arthur

It's the arrogance that gets me. And will get others I suspect. Not a hint of contrition or acknowledgement that Cummings behaviour upset a lot of people. Politically very stupid imho, but I expect Moxey's all in favour of this approach

IndoMike

It's the arrogance that gets me. And will get others I suspect. Not a hint of contrition or acknowledgement that Cummings behaviour upset a lot of people. Politically very stupid imho, but I expect Moxey's all in favour of this approach
Not to.mention the fact that it was denied that the police in Durham interviewed his family : this is in effect an accusation that the Durham police are lying.