• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

UK Lockdown

manc grecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
Stolen from elsewhere but asking Johnson to sack Cummings would be like asking Emu to sack Rod Hull

IndoMike

I had you in mind with the post...I expect Spoonz may have a chuckle too 😁

Is there much celebration of Eid around your parts ?
Yes, Olda. Usually millions of people leave Jakarta for 2 weeks to go back to their home town for Idul Fitri, but travel in and out of Jakarta this year is more or less banned because of lockdown (although probably tens of thousands will find a way).
In Jakarta visiting homes of friends and family is also banned due to Covid19, with big fines if you break the rules, so it's definitely a toned down celebration this year
We eat traditional Idul Fitri food,but we're just quiet at home today and tomorrow (which suits me fine).. It's been sweltering hot for the last 2 days - even with the AC on.

Hermann

Well-known Exeweb poster
Conservative backbenchers pretty much queuing up to say Cummings should go now. Lots of prominent Brexiteers as well.

Grecian2K

If Cum mings gets the heave-ho he can always ask C4 for a part in the new series of Shameless.

IndoMike

Poor old Shapps has been on the schnapps
Didn't know if someone with Covid19 could infect someone in public areas and "we didn't tell.people where they had to stay during lockdown". Wasn't the logo STAY AT HOME..?
🤪🙄

Banksy

Stay alert - avoid Cummings- save lives.

Grecian2K

I see No 10 have enlisted actors to replace Raab, Handcock and Shapps for a special, emergency TV briefing on Film 4 this afternoon.

Banksy

How dare you insult the memory of The Three Stooges.

IndoMike

Wonder if Johnson will show at the Press Conference. Apparently at the moment he's deep in conversation with Cummings at no.10. I guess he's asking Cummings his advice about whether he should sack him..

arthur

Robert Halfon, one of Tavy's blue collar Tories, apologising for supporting Cummings yesterday:

I would first like to make it clear to residents that I regret writing the tweet yesterday in the way I did about the Number 10 political adviser and his movements.

I am really sorry for it. I do not support or condone anyone who has broken the law or regulations. Anyone who has done so should face the consequences.

Won't be long now, surely...