• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

UK Lockdown

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Interesting that India has now been put back on the Amber list, Considering only a month or two ago they were having 300k infections per day, 1000's of deaths and a healthcare system that was collapsing and was the original source of the Delta Variant.
Add to that the unreliability of the recording in India

Rosencrantz

Add to that the unreliability of the recording in India
Just read in the Eye that India's official Covid death toll is 423k but their excess deaths since the start of the pandemic are estimated at somewhere between 3.4 and 4.9 million. Probably a mix of unreported Covid deaths and other causes unable to get treatment as normal.

It's why the WHO are a bit sticky about the UK opening up, especially with regards to foreign travel rather than just in the UK. That we might export the Delta variant to countries where they haven't had such good vaccine roll outs. The risk being the development of further variants that might be vaccine resistant and a return to square one.

So whilst hybrid immunity might work in the UK, the risk is it could rebound back on us if travel abroad isn't controlled better.

DB9

After nearly 18 months of not being able to see my elderly father, I've just got a chance to visit him in his dementia care home in Halwill this Wednesday coming when we come to Devon for a week or so. Have to have a test If the weather's bad and we meet in a pod, If the weather's good and meet in the garden then no test, They only allow 30 minutes visiting, Seems fairly straight forward and it'll be good to see the old fella, Happy with that. 👍

Alistair20000

After nearly 18 months of not being able to see my elderly father, I've just got a chance to visit him in his dementia care home in Halwill this Wednesday coming when we come to Devon for a week or so. Have to have a test If the weather's bad and we meet in a pod, If the weather's good and meet in the garden then no test, They only allow 30 minutes visiting, Seems fairly straight forward and it'll be good to see the old fella, Happy with that. 👍
Great news for you that DB (y)

DB9

Great news for you that DB (y)
Cheers Al

DB9

After all the news this weekend it's not been mentioned that as of today the "Pingdemic" is hopefully at an end, If you get pinged and you're double jabbed you won't have to self isolate if you've been in close contact with someone who tested positive, You still must self isolate if you develop symptoms or test positive for Covid but this new rule will hopefully stop so many missing school and work.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I got to see Mum last Sunday, plus brothers and sisters. It'd been so long and it was just great seeing them. Dementia is not being kind to Mum, but she still remembered who I was!

DB9

I got to see Mum last Sunday, plus brothers and sisters. It'd been so long and it was just great seeing them. Dementia is not being kind to Mum, but she still remembered who I was!
I've had very little if any contact with my father, Only 2nd hand messages from family and those in the care home, Not sure if he'll know me but at least he's in a safe place, This is the hardest part of this pandemic unless you lost a loved one because of Covid, Not seeing family especially elderly ones who might not have much time left but I can't wait to get to Devon, Not only to see him but just being in Devon and hopefully get to watch City play Bristol Rovers too.

Mr Jinx

After all the news this weekend it's not been mentioned that as of today the "Pingdemic" is hopefully at an end, If you get pinged and you're double jabbed you won't have to self isolate if you've been in close contact with someone who tested positive, You still must self isolate if you develop symptoms or test positive for Covid but this new rule will hopefully stop so many missing school and work.
Or, alternatively, just install the app from you phone. No one in our house ever installed it, so not an issue chez nous.

DB9

Or, alternatively, just install the app from you phone. No one in our house ever installed it, so not an issue chez nous.
That is an alternative but millions did.