• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

UK Lockdown

Legohead

Banned
Well today was supposed to be our second day of the family holiday, much needed due to not having had a break for so long and been struggling with mental health. Today we would have gone to Bude for the day to enjoy the spectacular beach at Summerleaze on a beautiful day. Then this evening we were due to go and watch the theatrical production of David Walliams Billionaire Boy at Plymouth Theatre Royal, and in the middle of the two a meal at the Peter Tavy Inn.

Thanks to the Chinese instead i'm demolishing a garden shed at home and drinking some sh*te ale in cans due to a restriction of 3 bottles per customer. 3 bottles wouldn't even touch the sides.

Again, perspective is that i'm not an NHS worker and I am still fortunate in so many ways. Just keep reflecting on what might have been that's all. It's rare we get a chance to have a break as a family. If anyone is struggling with any mental health condition or depression then please hang in there and say to yourself that this situation is just a temporary state, just like any state of mind is and it can and will change for the better. (y)

elginCity

Very well known Exeweb poster
Thanks to the Chinese instead i'm demolishing a garden shed at home
Yeah, we also heard that the local Chinese 2 doors down had a bonfire out back and was getting out of control. We were warned, I know we could have had some buckets of water ready for when the wind changed, but just couldn't be arsed. Bloody Chinese. :)

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Exmouth seafront seems pretty quiet

https://www.exmouthcam.co.uk/strand/https: //www.exmouthcam.co.uk/webcam/

Legohead

Banned
Yeah, we also heard that the local Chinese 2 doors down had a bonfire out back and was getting out of control. We were warned, I know we could have had some buckets of water ready for when the wind changed, but just couldn't be arsed. Bloody Chinese. :)
Obviously not what I meant and I certainly don't like being inferred to as racist. Comments please.

Alistair20000

Yes Al, you join Trump and Farage who also like to point the finger; the 'Chinese virus', but never acknowledge their own nation's failures to 'take control of borders'.

US intelligence flagged up the Covid19 threat way back in November (UK would have been privy).

"It’s not surprising to me that the intelligence community detected the outbreak; what is surprising and disappointing is that the White House ignored the clear warning signs, failed to follow established pandemic response protocols and were slow to put in place a government-wide effort to respond to this crisis."

Yes there have been failings here and pretty well all over the world for that matter but the fact remains that this thing has originated from China which was all I was saying in my post to Indo who was comparing with other diseases that have been far less harmful.

Legohead

Banned
I meant 'Chinese' as being from China. As in the virus originated in China. Not because of all Chinese people or all people of Chinese origin. There is a difference. To say that the virus was because of everyone who is Chinese is racist and clearly inaccurate. To say a virus is Chinese because it originated in China isn't racist IMO.

Legohead

Banned
Funny ;)

IndoMike

Yes there have been failings here and pretty well all over the world for that matter but the fact remains that this thing has originated from China which was all I was saying in my post to Indo who was comparing with other diseases that have been far less harmful.
You still refuse to get my point...Ali, are you knackered today?

Alistair20000

You still refuse to get my point...Ali, are you knackered today?
Tell me what your point is.

Second request

IndoMike

Tell me what your point is.

Second request

Oh nooooo !
Thank God it's getting late.