• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

UK Lockdown

InTheBigBank

Resigned
Hancock (To55er) now very worried about all the different so far undetected mutations that might rock up.

Perhaps he is also worried about the unspotted asteroid on a collision course with Earth.

Odd that mutations were not even mentioned when we were told the vaccines were a game changer.
I can't quite grasp the motivation behind this sudden appearance of deadly mutations.

I'm hoping given the vaccination program is commencing forth at a rate of rapid knots, it's a ploy to scare the population into compliance in the final leg of lockdown.

Then again maybe they have convinced themselves that this is reason to keep us caged up for another year or two. At this moment in time my faith in our politicians and their advisors is so low that nothing in terms of ridiculousness is off the table for me.

tavyred

Very well known Exeweb poster
As it is, tosser Williamson wants to see kids locked away in splendid isolation for another 10 weeks. He's the modern day child catcher like from the film Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. Does not give a toss about young people.
I may have misinterpreted what you’ve said earlier Lego, but haven’t you voluntarily chosen to keep your daughter out of school when you could’ve under the key worker protocols sent her in to her school?

Legohead

Banned
I may have misinterpreted what you’ve said earlier Lego, but haven’t you voluntarily chosen to keep your daughter out of school when you could’ve under the key worker protocols sent her in to her school?
Yes. That is correct Tavy. I wanted to do the right thing and wanted to give the Government a final opportunity to do the right thing by kids, so i kept my daughter off school. Stupidly hoping that they would see just how much damage they are doing to kids by keeping them from not only schooling, but also socializing.

However, with the leaks out that kids won't be going back after half term, this means that IMO the Government are not doing the right thing by kids and thus i will not subscribe to this wilful destruction of kids lives and will put my kid back into school.

My partner is a key worker so we are fortunate that we have that option but i really did not want it to come to this. Yet another catastrophic Government failure all due to Covid policies and not the virus itself.

Legohead

Banned
On the basis of Hancock’s (To55er) latest verbal garbage we would Lockdown all the time just in case a nasty virus might arrive.
It already has. It's call the Health Secretary.

Legohead

Banned
Covid advert on talksport this morning saying avoid shopping in supermarkets where possible as people touch trolley and basket handles and they are highly likely to have Covid!! WTF!!

Does it really matter what you touch?! So long as you don't put your fingers in your mouth and sanitize or wash your hands where possible then what's the obsession with sanitizing? I i pick up a tin of beans then by that logic i'm supposed to sanitize. Then after doing so, i pick up a tin of soup. Sanitize again.

It's ludicrous. Treating people like babies.

It does not matter what is touched so long as you don't stick your fingers in your mouth!

DB9

Yes. That is correct Tavy. I wanted to do the right thing and wanted to give the Government a final opportunity to do the right thing by kids, so i kept my daughter off school. Stupidly hoping that they would see just how much damage they are doing to kids by keeping them from not only schooling, but also socializing.

However, with the leaks out that kids won't be going back after half term, this means that IMO the Government are not doing the right thing by kids and thus i will not subscribe to this wilful destruction of kids lives and will put my kid back into school.

My partner is a key worker so we are fortunate that we have that option but i really did not want it to come to this. Yet another catastrophic Government failure all due to Covid policies and not the virus itself.
Whilst you as a parent have every right to bring up your child as you see fit but don't you think if you have the oppotunity to send you child to school, see some friends and get that interaction she needs you should?

tavyred

Lego.
So you were so worried about social isolation of children, you chose to keep your own at home?

Edit.
DB makes the same point.

Last edited:

Alistair20000

I heard the To55er blathering on the wireless mid week that he had booked a summer holiday in Cornwall. What has Cornwall done to deserve that ? He also said the weather was going to be great. Probably was told that by Neil Ferguson. Get the wet gear in folks.

Question for the To55er “Do you think you will be going on holiday to Cornwall this Summer ? This question can be answered yes or no without blather please Minister.”

Alistair20000

Covid advert on talksport this morning saying avoid shopping in supermarkets where possible as people touch trolley and basket handles and they are highly likely to have Covid!! WTF!!

Does it really matter what you touch?! So long as you don't put your fingers in your mouth and sanitize or wash your hands where possible then what's the obsession with sanitizing? I i pick up a tin of beans then by that logic i'm supposed to sanitize. Then after doing so, i pick up a tin of soup. Sanitize again.

It's ludicrous. Treating people like babies.

It does not matter what is touched so long as you don't stick your fingers in your mouth!
Mouth, ears and eyes Lego. This Covid fecker is said to get access from all these three orifices.

Legohead

Banned
Whilst you as a parent have every right to bring up your child as you see fit but don't you think if you have the oppotunity to send you child to school, see some friends and get that interaction she needs you should?
Indeed DB9. It's difficult because her core group of friends have not gone back to school and given it's her first year at big school, she was reluctant to go back after Xmas as she felt she'd be alone but as time has passed, she's clearly changed her mind and has become withdrawn. As it turns out there are one or two friends who are now back at school and i would expect there to be lots more kids back at school after half term anyway as parents are desperate so it will be a lot easier for her.

It's difficult to know what to do for the benefit of our individual circumstances based on what our views are about the virus and restrictions etc and most of us want to do what we are told and to trust the Government to learn from mistakes. I thought that they did learn from this when they kept kids at school during the November lockdown and promising that at all costs, kids in school is a top priority. The Government even threatened to take a school to court before Christmas for announcing that they would close and i really thought the Government meant business and that kids WERE a priority.

Sadly given the school meals debacle and the closure of schools to most kids as of now, kids are not even an afterthought.