• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

UK Lockdown

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
Hmm. The little Telegraph. Might have expected them to wheel out some mad ass unknown professor to basically say 'hey, it's really not that bad. Let's all go back to making money' ,
Bit like Trump really, Money is king, Deaths are secondary

IndoMike

As a follow -up to Rosie's post , I wanted to know more about the flu It's very interesting to see the similarities between the symptoms of flu and Corona virus and how they work
I didn't realize how deadly the flu is:
"Influenza spreads around the world in yearly outbreaks, resulting in about three to five million cases of severe illness and about 290,000 to 650,000 deaths. About 20% of unvaccinated children and 10% of unvaccinated adults are infected each year."
You would think that considering the similarities I mentioned above that a vaccine might be discovered sooner rather than later.
I am not a Corona virus denier: the fact that it is new and seems to spread so easily is certainly shocking and somehow because it originates from bats or some other exotic animal makes it even scarier.
Globalisation facilitates this kind of pandemic virus and it will happen again, since there are many, many species which carry Corona virus.

Legohead

Banned
We share this planet with animals. We don't have a right to mistreat them or to destroy their planet when they have no say in it. This virus should serve as a warning that it is they in fact who may have the power over us when we arrogantly believe it's the other way around.

geoffwp

We share this planet with animals. We don't have a right to mistreat them or to destroy their planet when they have no say in it. This virus should serve as a warning that it is they in fact who may have the power over us when we arrogantly believe it's the other way around.
Actually, that's one of the best things I've read on these threads and so very true.

IndoMike

The Wishy Washy Lockdown.
So everybody rants when people break the self - isolation rule, then everybody rants at the police when they deal with the rule - breakers. ..🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

Red Devon

British Airways now suspended all flights from Gatwick Airport

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
There is a growing set of people who believe this pandemic to be a hoax. They seem to be the same people who are anti-vaxxers, believe 9/11 was an inside job and sign up to every conspiracy going. Hospitals are now complaining that people are turning up to video A&E etc and are abusing patients confidentiality.

Oldsmobile-88

There is a growing set of people who believe this pandemic to be a hoax. They seem to be the same people who are anti-vaxxers, believe 9/11 was an inside job and sign up to every conspiracy going. Hospitals are now complaining that people are turning up to video A&E etc and are abusing patients confidentiality.
All rather bizarre..They use the oxygen of social media to peddle all sorts of nonsense.

Legohead

Banned
I wouldn't necessarily dispel the conspiracy theory ideas as nonsense. Personally I don't believe that this is a conspiracy but I cannot rule it out either. It's important to keep an open mind I think but a rational one. Easier said than done in this climate. Anyone rocking up to A&E wards to film stuff need the book thrown at them IMO though.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Seen pictures this morning of NHS staff cars being vandalised. Why would anyone think that was okay behaviour?