• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

UK EU REF 2 - Could this ever happen?

Suzi & The Banned Cheese

As Brenda from Bristol memorably put it, "What another one?!!"

It first glance another referendum on UK membership of the EU seems incredible, a fantasy dreamt up by Pro-EU fanatics , idle speculation on a quiet night on Exeweb, but...

Hermann

Well-known Exeweb poster
There won't be one and nor should there be one. That ship has sailed. Those that wanted it have earned the right to give it a go, so we'll have to see what they make of it.

Mr Jinx

Very well known Exeweb poster
There won't be one and nor should there be one. That ship has sailed. Those that wanted it have earned the right to give it a go, so we'll have to see what they make of it.
I disagree. If a political Party promises to deliver a Rejoin Referendum if it gets elected at a General Election, and then gets duly elected....bring it on!

It's the beauty of democracy after all.

Hermann

Well-known Exeweb poster
I disagree. If a political Party promises to deliver a Rejoin Referendum if it gets elected at a General Election, and then gets duly elected....bring it on!

It's the beauty of democracy after all.
Of course if that were to happen then fine. But it is my belief that such a party wouldn't and shouldn't win.

Mr Jinx

Very well known Exeweb poster
Of course if that were to happen then fine. But it is my belief that such a party wouldn't and shouldn't win.
Wouldn't? - yes probably. Shouldn't? - I don't see why not.

Unlike Anna Soubry, Dominic Grieve, the Lib Dems, Plaid, the SNP and much of Labour, I actually respect democracy.

Hermann

Well-known Exeweb poster
Wouldn't? - yes probably. Shouldn't? - I don't see why not.

Unlike Anna Soubry, Dominic Grieve, the Lib Dems, Plaid, the SNP and much of Labour, I actually respect democracy.
Shouldn't may be a poor choice of words. In my opinion Johnson shouldn't have won the GE, doesn't mean I'm right.