• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

UEFA Statement-European Super League.

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Who knows one day we might even get back into league 1!
So might Man City 😉

tavyred

I see what you are saying. From an entertainment perspective it would be a lot more enjoyable to watch Real Madrid v PSG than Newcastle capitulating again at a top 12 Premier League club, but then what would happen to the Champions League if a super league came into play? Would it be scrapped?
The current CL TV deal would collapse I’m guessing Lego, who would want to watch it minus the 11 clubs supposedly interested in this new effort. We’re now seeing why the ownership profile of our top clubs has slowly changed in recent years, it’s like the Arabs and Yanks planned it all.
BTW, as an Exeter City supporter the big betrayal of English football happened 30 years when the FA Premier League came into being. This is just the next step until the World League I suppose. 🤷‍♂️

Rosencrantz

One thing that does make sense now is Operation Big Picture. The decision to allow the six clubs to join the Super Rich League whilst maintaining a presence in the Comparatively Not Quite So Rich League would have been nodded through by the six clubs in question.

Avening Posse

I’ve thought about it long and hard, I don’t think City should join 😎

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
Disgraceful flexing of the muscle when much of football is on its knees. The owners of all the clubs in question don't care too hoots about the history of the domestic game. Just right place, right time. Well they can all feck right off and play each other 4 times a season and bore the pants off everyone.

I dont agree with the Union rep Gary Neville on a lot of things, but his rant on Sky this afternoon was spot on..

Alistair20000

Disgraceful flexing of the muscle when much of football is on its knees. The owners of all the clubs in question don't care too hoots about the history of the domestic game. Just right place, right time. Well they can all feck right off and play each other 4 times a season and bore the pants off everyone.

I dont agree with the Union rep Gary Neville on a lot of things, but his rant on Sky this afternoon was spot on..
This is worse than the wretched Hundred in cricket.

Another crock of absolute sh*te

:mad:

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
This is worse than the wretched Hundred in cricket.

Another crock of absolute sh*te

:mad:
It's not dissimilar but at least the Hundred is new teams and it is run by the ECB, much as I too worry about where it will lead.

This is a blatant power grab to bake in some sort of temporary supremacy by a handful of clubs. Bayern? Benfica? Celtic? Napoli? Ajax? Clubs with real history are NFA into this pathetic oligarch club

Spoonz Red E

It's also an insult to talk about 'Clubs' being involved in talks.

It's their billionaire owners ....

Banksy

As long as they don’t put up the Sky subscription to cover it in which case Sky can stick their service where the sun don’t shine.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
As long as they don’t put up the Sky subscription to cover it in which case Sky can stick their service where the sun don’t shine.
It'll be a new supplier, for which you'll have to pay a subscription to be able to watch it. We won't be fans, just customers. Though to be honest, us "legacy fans" aren't the target audience, it's new fans around the world, who have no previous connection with the clubs and unlikely to ever visit the ground.