• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

TV Times

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
15th March 1975

One of the best Dr Who series is on its 2nd episode. Genesis of the Daleks..The creator of the Daleks Davros is tracked down by the Dr.

View attachment 11223View attachment 11224
That certainly was a golden era for Dr Who with Tom
Baker in the lead role from 1974-81. The longest tenure of any playing the lead role.

Oldsmobile-88

16th March 1968

The Daily Mirror previews a new sitcom which will be broadcast in May.

7543123B-FB1F-4B54-B443-18F781B35A5C.jpeg

Oldsmobile-88

16th March 1976

A decent evenings viewing on BBC1. I definitely would have watched Ellery Queen & then Warship.

7C567D0A-E0DD-4A4F-AA9D-76F5ED21EC03.jpeg

iscalad

16th March 1968

View attachment 11225
And what a sitcom...

iscalad

16th March 1976

A decent evenings viewing on BBC1. I definitely would have watched Ellery Queen & then Warship.

View attachment 11226
Rock Follies. Great series.

Rosencrantz

16th March 1968

View attachment 11225
Strange to think now that there was a lot of reticence within the BBC about commissioning Dad's Army and scepticism within the wider media at the time. The idea of doing a comedy about something so serious and within living memory was seen as taking the Home Guard veterans for fools. The show itself of course proved otherwise happily. A genuine all time classic.

There was a lot of the same feeling about the BBC commissioning Bluestone 42 about a bomb disposal detachment operating in Afghanistan when troops were still out there. I think some of the press were looking for a furious reaction out of the armed forces but they really liked the show because of the black humour and reality. An underrated comedy although definitely of a certain taste and not the family viewing of Dad's Army.

DB9

Strange to think now that there was a lot of reticence within the BBC about commissioning Dad's Army and scepticism within the wider media at the time. The idea of doing a comedy about something so serious and within living memory was seen as taking the Home Guard veterans for fools. The show itself of course proved otherwise happily. A genuine all time classic.

There was a lot of the same feeling about the BBC commissioning Bluestone 42 about a bomb disposal detachment operating in Afghanistan when troops were still out there. I think some of the press were looking for a furious reaction out of the armed forces but they really liked the show because of the black humour and reality. An underrated comedy although definitely of a certain taste and not the family viewing of Dad's Army.
They did say the same about Allo, Allo. To make a comedy about Nazi occupied France and the Gestapo raised some eyebrows but that was a success and went on for years.

iscalad

They did say the same about Allo, Allo. To make a comedy about Nazi occupied France and the Gestapo raised some eyebrows but that was a success and went on for years.
I will say this only once....I agree.🙂

Rosencrantz

During the World Cup we drew lots to decorate our office desks as a kind of sweepstake. I drew France (so close!) and made sure I had a picture of René Artois amongst it.

Reactions: DB9

Oldsmobile-88

17th March 1977.

I remember watching the Cricket highlights of the Centenary Test in Melbourne very late in the evening on my portable B&W. Alas despite Derek Randall’s 174 in England’s 2nd innings the Aussies won the one off Test by 45 runs.
The match was unusual in that both sides had low scoring first innings(138 & 95) whilst both posting 400 plus in the 2nd Innings.

773C14C5-C5ED-4A34-9610-F64D1ED1E74F.jpeg