• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

TV Times

lamrobhero

The Water Margin was great. Japanese production I think but set in China. I have the box set though not watched it lately. There was a character who used to take his shirt off before he started fighting. There was a sword fight where the two protaganists stood motionless infront of each other swords drawn for 3 days the dew dripping off their drawn swords before the wind got up and started blowing sand into the eyes of one of the protaganists. In the end the hero transcended this mortal coil - always leaves a feel good factor.

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
Against the Odds “Wales the 64 year wait” on ITV

A look at Wales since the last time they qualified for the World Cup in Sweden ‘58
Interesting anecdotes from the last two survivors from the 1958 team, Cliff Jones & Terry Medwin, through to Gareth Bale & some of the squad recently.

lamrobhero

Next post match interview then.
  • "The player does not score the goal. The keeper should not fear the player. The ball scores the goal. Geometry is the judge and white paint is the jury."
  • "Breath pushes the pea and its cage screams. The sound is not the leaping heart or the downcast eye. It merely calls these players to the stage"
  • "Get into them. F*** 'em up"

That'll be 100 yen please.
I fear that Gary hasn't read "Zen And The Art Of Football Management": "Forget tactics, forget quality, if you want to be a top football player and a top football team you need character,"

Oldsmobile-88

Bloodline (Netflix)

Just finished the first season(13 episodes) A good watch about the black sheep of the family returning home to the Florida Keys after many years away following the accidental death of a sibling.

Two other seasons to watch, hopefully just as good.

iscalad

I see BBC 4 is showing House of Cards again.
You might think that, I couldn't possibly comment.

Oldsmobile-88

You might think that, I couldn't possibly comment.
I must check that out...I’ve seen the American TV version with Kevin Spacey in the lead role, until he was written out before the 7th & final season due to serious allegations against him, which are being heard in court at the moment.

iscalad

I must check that out...I’ve seen the American TV version with Kevin Spacey in the lead role, until he was written out before the 7th & final season due to serious allegations against him, which are being heard in court at the moment.
This will be so much better.

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Ian Richardson excellent as the ruthless Urquhart.

Oldsmobile-88

I’ve got bored with watching the Autumn Statement knock about on BBC 1, flicked over to ITV for Loose Women 😎Not seen it for years, I would usually see it whilst working in peoples homes years ago.

One on many musak Daytime TV programmes on the screen.

DB9

Amazon are set to bring back Neighbours,, Only four months after it was cancelled, It will be shown on their "Freevee" streaming platform.