• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

TV Times

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
Watching Bradford on Duty. BBC2 @ 1120pm
What a depressing programme(1 of 3) about that city, The only bright spots are community volunteers who do their best in a dysfunctional social landscape.

Last edited:

DB9

Ofcom are reportedly looking into reviewing ad breaks on commercial TV, It seems that they might extend them so in other words longer ad breaks.

Mr Jinx

Ofcom are reportedly looking into reviewing ad breaks on commercial TV, It seems that they might extend them so in other words longer ad breaks.
But who even watches ad breaks now? In the days of Sky+ (or Q), Netflix, Prime etc. I never watch a show live. The only ads I have to suffer through these days are on youtube.

Bridgy 81

Watching Bradford on Duty. BBC2 @ 1120pm
What a depressing programme(1 of 3) about that city, The only bright spots are community volunteers who do their best in a dysfunctional social landscape.
I’ve seen the first couple of episodes too.
I’m currently planning a few days away to coincide with our match at Barnsley in October.
Funnily enough comparing prices for the various Premier Inns around that area the one in Bradford is significantly the cheapest.
I‘ve stayed there previously when we played at Bradford and it’s ok and certainly did the job for us.
One of the good things about going to away games and staying over is you get to visit and see places you probably wouldn’t otherwise think to go to.
I actually quite liked what I saw of Bradford itself and we also went to some nice National Trust and English Heritage places nearby but I appreciate you only get a snapshot of a place on a brief visit.

DB9

But who even watches ad breaks now? In the days of Sky+ (or Q), Netflix, Prime etc. I never watch a show live. The only ads I have to suffer through these days are on youtube.
Plenty of people still do, Yes things have changed a lot but the traditional TV still have the biggest audiences around, Not nearly as much as the "Old Days" but still good amounts, If as you say "Who even watches ad breaks" why are Ofcom doing this? If you watch say ITVhub or UKPlay, you can't just fast forward the adverts, You have to sit through them.

Mr Jinx

Plenty of people still do, Yes things have changed a lot but the traditional TV still have the biggest audiences around, Not nearly as much as the "Old Days" but still good amounts, If as you say "Who even watches ad breaks" why are Ofcom doing this? If you watch say ITVhub or UKPlay, you can't just fast forward the adverts, You have to sit through them.
Anyone who watches ITV (hub or no hub) deserves it, lolz.

Oldsmobile-88

A good documentary on Fox 11 Los Angeles you tube channel Los(t) Angeles. City Of The Homeless.

Looking at the problem of homelessness in LA(a huge issue in all of California) which anyone who has visited regularly can seen has exploded since the millennium.
A bit of hand-wringing as there always is in these type of news documentaries, but entirely justified in this case. The issue in LA( & SF) is many 100’s of times worse than anything in the UK.

Oldsmobile-88

Finished the 7th & final season of Bosch on Amazon Prime.Binged the whole series in a couple of weeks.
Well worth watching. Titus Welliver is excellent as the hard bitten LA Detective in the Hollywood Homicide Division.

It looked like their could be a spin off series,but i suspect that was put on ice due to the shutdown of production in studios post April 2020.
The spin off Bosch : Legacy is now on Amazon Prime.
Harry Bosch has left LAPD Homicide, he is now a Private Detective.
I can feel a binge watch coming 😁

A second season has has just been commissioned.

iscalad

Binge watching The Orville

Banksy

Watched the first episode of Westworld Series 4. Intriguing buildup and moving away completely from the western setup. Think I’ll stick with it.