• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

TV Times

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
ITV TV Times for the same week.

ITV's commentators in Mexico were Martin Tyler, Peter Brackley, John Helm and Gerry Harrison. Brian Moore presented the programmes from a studio in London but flew out to Mexico at the very end of the tournament to commentate on the final. Jock Brown voiced the Scotland games for viewers in the STV and Grampian regions. ITV's co-commentators were Ron Atkinson, David Pleat and Billy McNeill.
The round-up programmes were presented by Ian St John with Jimmy Greaves.

99D39185-7FFB-4D8C-B181-C15343F0CC3E.jpeg

Oldsmobile-88

This week in 1985.
The Ashes Series was imminent.i loved those days of Test Cricket on the BBC. Richie, Jim Laker with Peter West presenting.

64268280-7783-44E6-9E0F-593BB7F3E996.jpeg

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
This week in 1985.
The Ashes Series was imminent.i loved those days of Test Cricket on the BBC. Richie, Jim Laker with Peter West presenting.

View attachment 8635
We were winning too! (y)

DB9

This week in 1985.

View attachment 8635
Also the small photo showing a scene from the really good Aussie Bodyline drama that the BBC showed, The infamous 1932-33 Ashes tour when England played this Bodyline tactic that caused real ructions back then and was even spoken about in Parliament.

iscalad

Also the small photo showing a scene from the really good Aussie Bodyline drama that the BBC showed, The infamous 1932-33 Ashes tour when England played this Bodyline tactic that caused real ructions back then and was even spoken about in Parliament.
It was indeed, an excellent series. The only downside being the actors were rubbish at cricket.

• Haha
Reactions: DB9

DB9

It was indeed, an excellent series. The only downside being the actors were rubbish at cricket.
As with most sporting drama's

Banksy

Talking of cricket series , anyone watch Outside Edge with Timothy Spall way back when? Cricket based comedy and very good.

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
I made a point of ignoring that Bodyline series when it appeared on TV. I was sure it would only make me angry!

DB9

I made a point of ignoring that Bodyline series when it appeared on TV. I was sure it would only make me angry!
It's well worth digging it out from somewhere.

Rosencrantz

Talking of cricket series , anyone watch Outside Edge with Timothy Spall way back when? Cricket based comedy and very good.
Such a good cast as well with Josie Lawrence, Brenda Blethyn and Robert Daws.