• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

TV Times

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
Another heads up for tonight, BBC2 10.45pm, 2-Tone: The Sound of Coventry. Documenting the story of the rise of the 2 Tone record label founded in 1979. If you were around at that time you know what an impact that label made on the music scene.

Banksy

Started watching the sci- fi series Night Sky on Amazon Prime. Old couple have a door to another world in the basement.Intriguing, I’ll try a couple of episodes and see where it goes.

Rosencrantz

Another heads up for tonight, BBC2 10.45pm, 2-Tone: The Sound of Coventry. Documenting the story of the rise of the 2 Tone record label founded in 1979. If you were around at that time you know what an impact that label made on the music scene.
Just put that on to record five minutes ago 🙂

Reactions: DB9

elginCity

10th October 1982.
Alan Bleasdale's seminal drama Boys From The Blackstuff begins on BBC2 intercutting stories of five characters originally seen in 1980 drama The Black Stuff.
The tough portrayal of unemployed Scouser builders was repeated on BBC1 nine weeks after transmission.
The Black Stuff(about a group of tarmac layers) was a Play for Today one off that was broadcasted in Jan 1980.Due to popular acclaim,Boys From...was commissioned-5 episodes.

Bernard Hill played Yosser Hughes very memorably.
There were small cameo roles for Graeme Souness & Sammy Lee,I can’t imagine equivalent Premier League players rocking up on drama these days.

Very gritty & of its time.

View attachment 7177
Away a lot during the 80s, missed this first time around (and subsequently !). Powerful anti-Tory stuff you'd expect from a Scouser, but still resonates 40 years on, especially during these similarly febrile times. In many ways we've not progressed, stood still, in other ways not - did we really treat women that badly ? Quite shocking behaviour that nowadays you can't imagine happening, or being allowed to happen in public, which is a good thing.

Banksy

Started watching the sci- fi series Night Sky on Amazon Prime. Old couple have a door to another world in the basement.Intriguing, I’ll try a couple of episodes and see where it goes.
Giving up on it.Seems to be going off course on the sci-fi side , shame seemed promising but I don’t have time to watch stuff I can’t get involved in especially a series of eight episodes long that will probably go on to have a second series. There’s a sub plot I can’t get to grips with which just seems to take up time to no good purpose.

Grecian2K

Silent Witness back in a six parter tomorrow on BBC1.

The return of Sam Ryan and the ever-adorable Emelia Fox - the one watchable member of that otherwise obnoxious clan.

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
"Endeavour" is to come to an end. Probably the right decision, although it's been an excellent series. Roger Allam as Morse's mentor was especially good.

DB9

"Endeavour" is to come to an end. Probably the right decision, although it's been an excellent series. Roger Allam as Morse's mentor was especially good.
Sad to see it end but yep its the right decision, Its been a cracking series, Perfect Sunday evening viewing, Great acting and writing. I hope something else just as good will replace it in that time slot.

iscalad

To tie in with the B&W films on the Movie thread, I'm really enjoying Maverick and Sugarfoot on TCM.
Hopefully they have the rights to Bronco and Cheyenne and will show them as well.

Colesman Ballz

To tie in with the B&W films on the Movie thread, I'm really enjoying Maverick and Sugarfoot on TCM.
Hopefully they have the rights to Bronco and Cheyenne and will show them as well.
Have you just been subjected to the dreaded spellchecker Isca ? Tenderfoot ??