• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

TV Times

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
20th May 1975.

Edward the Seventh a excellent 13 part drama based on his biography was on the ITV Network. A ATV production starring Timothy West.

422B8691-2CC3-4A22-8E5E-3A56C073C869.jpeg

DB9

20th May 1975.

Edward the Seventh a excellent 13 part drama based on his biography was on the ITV Network. A ATV production starring Timothy West.

View attachment 8585
Was a highly popular drama watched by millions, Clearing out my late mother's (RIP) bits and pieces I found a book about the making, Behind the scenes of this series, You knew back then if a book about a programme came out it was a popular series.

iscalad

20th May 1975.

View attachment 8585
Always enjoyed the Rockford Files

Banksy

Heads up.

A film worth watching this Thursday at 1120pm on Great Films Channel.. The Counsellor(2013)

@Banksy I think you would like this one, I mentioned it last year.
Further to your kind heads up on this one Olds . I got hold of the dvd ( got it for free too! ) , so when I get the chance I’ll sit back in my favourite armchair and enjoy it! Got it for free because they were giving it away because the cover etc was all in French and the title on the cover was The Cartel ( same film though). No problem playing because it has an English soundtrack along with the French one.

Alistair20000

Perhaps the worst Secret Army episode last Sunday on TPTV. The one where the bubonic plague rocked up.

Monique and Dr Keldermans at deaths door and then in the very next scene Monique singing in rude health at Le Candide.

Apart from that odd sequence/continuation the whole episode was preposterous (n)

Banksy

Sounds more like Allo Allo.

• Haha
Reactions: DB9

Alistair20000

Sounds more like Allo Allo.
That was a quite brilliant p!ss take of Secret Army

Oldsmobile-88

20th May 1985.

Panorama looked at the worlds worst industrial accident that happened 6 months before in Bhopal,India. A pesticide manufacturing plant released poisonous gas into the surrounding area.
The fatalities number mentioned is the immediate death toll, around another 8,000 died in the next two weeks.

On a lighter note, Fame a bit earlier in the evening.
A TV series that was the spin off of the film Fame(1980)
The TV Series was initially produced by NBC, 6 seasons(136 episodes) 1982-87.
Hugely popular in the UK..We all have the song in our head, sung by Irene Cara.

03EA14F6-9FE2-4667-BA46-CE6D97F0D538.jpeg

iscalad

20th May 1985.

Panorama looked at the worlds worst industrial accident that happened 6 months before in Bhopal,India. A pesticide manufacturing plant released poisonous gas into the surrounding area.
The fatalities number mentioned is the immediate death toll, around another 8,000 died in the next two weeks.

On a lighter note, Fame a bit earlier in the evening.
A TV series that was the spin off of the film Fame(1980)
The TV Series was initially produced by NBC, 6 seasons(136 episodes) 1982-87.
Hugely popular in the UK..We all have the song in our head, sung by Irene Cara.

View attachment 8586
Ah, the Young Ones...brilliant.
It's not cricket. Preview of Bodyline. Bodyline was a good overview of the controversial Ashes cricket series. Some of the actual cricket in the series was a bit iffy.

DB9

If you're not up to much this afternoon then at 1.40pm on BBC2 is the classic 1949 Ealing comedy Whisky Galore! From a time when post War film making in the UK was at its near best, Ealing was the film producers back then.