• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

TV Times

Avening Posse

Very well known Exeweb poster
Netflix cutting 150 jobs, Mainly in the US due to a 200k loss in subscribers, I have to admit I watch more on Amazon now than Netflix and won't miss it when my Sky is turned off.
Agreed, we’ve noticed over the last few months that Amazon prime has really up its game, some great stuff on there at the moment

Reactions: DB9

DB9

Agreed, we’ve noticed over the last few months that Amazon prime has really up its game, some great stuff on there at the moment
Was annoyed that Netflix lost the latest Star Trek shows because Paramount were putting them on their own streaming service but I find myself scrolling through and nothing takes my fancy, The old TV shows and films I can watch on other free to air channels and their new stuff is a bit pants.

Rosencrantz

I rather liked Russ Abbot's nonsense.
He seems really forgotten now but he was drawing in massive ratings in the 80's and was a staple of Saturday evening entertainment on BBC1.

DB9

He seems really forgotten now but he was drawing in massive ratings in the 80's and was a staple of Saturday evening entertainment on BBC1.
And just as popular when he was on ITV too.

iscalad

I rather liked Russ Abbot's nonsense.
Saw him live with the Black Abbots, back in the day. A very funny man.

Oldsmobile-88

The Bill could be back with a new series.
UKTV are in negotiations to bring back the Police drama that was originally made between 1983 until 2010.

Production could be scheduled later this year.

DB9

The Bill could be back with a new series.
UKTV are in negotiations to bring back the Police drama that was originally made between 1983 until 2010.

Production could be scheduled later this year.
As an avid fan of the programme, (Currently on series 22 of 26 on UKTVplay) I've heard that the series will be called "Sun Hill" with June Ackland, Jim Carver and Tony Stamp working at the station with new recruits.

Oldsmobile-88

Oldsmobile-88

19th May 1974.

On BBC2 The John Player Sunday Cricket League.
One game was live televised.
This innovative form at the time of limiting overs(40 overs)cricket started in 1969. It continued under the John Player tobacco company’s sponsorship until 1987.

The live game coverage continued until 1980.

6C18BB02-3F70-447F-83B5-CA7F0D41D222.jpeg

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
19th May 1974.

On BBC2 The John Player Sunday Cricket League.
One game was live televised.
This innovative form at the time of limiting overs(40 overs)cricket started in 1969. It continued under the John Player tobacco company’s sponsorship until 1987.

The live game coverage continued until 1980.
F1 and the cricket. A great way to waste a Sunday afternoon! Though not too great when it rained.