• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

TV Times

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
The Road to Morocco(1941). My favourite Road to film.
"For any villains we may meet, we haven't any fears. Paramount will protect us as we're signed for five more years !"

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
Anyone thinking about looking into Sky Glass? The new idea from Sky where you have what looks like a TV and it does everything Sky Q does and more, No dish or wires, Everything via the internet, As long as your broadband speed is roughly 10Mbps you'll be ok, Looks good and they say no need for a sound bar either, 4k picture, Not sure who makes the TV or perhaps it should be a "PC Monitor", Sky seem to be offering no interest deals on them or an upfront cost of £849 for the "TV" plus the cost of your Sky subscription.

Rosencrantz

On BBC Four..Citizens of Boomtown.The story of Bob Geldof & The Boomtown Rats.

Great anecdotes with the various members & people in the record industry at the time.
Geldof always struck me as a bit pretentious at the time,this documentary has softened that image.

Well worth a watch on iplayer.
I watched this as well and concur. Their peak was just before my time so although I was aware of them, and obviously aware of Bob through Band Aid, I have never been very aware of their work or how big they were apart from the obvious (Rat Trap, I Don't Like Mondays). Not only a great watch about The Rats but also about Ireland in the seventies.

iscalad

Lots of Bob Hope films on YouTube

Banksy

Lots of Bob Hope films on YouTube
Yes , quite often dip in there thanks Isca. Found and excellent copy of The Cat and the Canary a little while back.Never could find its sister film Ghost Breakers though.

iscalad

Yes , quite often dip in there thanks Isca. Found and excellent copy of The Cat and the Canary a little while back.Never could find its sister film Ghost Breakers though.
I have both on one DVD

Oldsmobile-88

I watched this as well and concur. Their peak was just before my time so although I was aware of them, and obviously aware of Bob through Band Aid, I have never been very aware of their work or how big they were apart from the obvious (Rat Trap, I Don't Like Mondays). Not only a great watch about The Rats but also about Ireland in the seventies.
Some good tunes on their 1st & 2nd Albums.They never had the kudos of some of there contemporary’s they were fairly popular long before Rat Trap.

I did have to laugh when a American was commenting about the Punk/New Wave groups saying it was a reaction to Maggie T bearing in mind this was 1978 during the Rats first tour of the US.Some time before ‘Thatcherism’.Sunny Jim & Labour were presiding over the Country’s & youth’s woes at the time😎

Oldsmobile-88

Watching the Family Fortunes revival on ITV.A real blast from the past.It ran every year from 1980 until 2002.
The definition of a easy watch light enjoyment game show.
Presenting now is Gennaro D'Acampo who is perhaps best known as a celebrity chef.
Previous Bob Monkhouse,Max Bygraves & Les Dennis.Andy Collins.

It certainly takes you back to the 80s & 90s.

Oldsmobile-88

Started to watch Squid Game.3 episodes in,it’s bubbling up nicely.

Oldsmobile-88

10th October 1982.
Alan Bleasdale's seminal drama Boys From The Blackstuff begins on BBC2 intercutting stories of five characters originally seen in 1980 drama The Black Stuff.
The tough portrayal of unemployed Scouser builders was repeated on BBC1 nine weeks after transmission.
The Black Stuff(about a group of tarmac layers) was a Play for Today one off that was broadcasted in Jan 1980.Due to popular acclaim,Boys From...was commissioned-5 episodes.

Bernard Hill played Yosser Hughes very memorably.
There were small cameo roles for Graeme Souness & Sammy Lee,I can’t imagine equivalent Premier League players rocking up on drama these days.

Very gritty & of its time.

C37CD098-3C0C-4234-AA1F-6D08CF19B37D.jpeg