• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

TV Times

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
25th September 1988

The prequel of Last of The Summer Wine was broadcasted,First of The Summer Wine for the first & only time on the BBC.
12 episodes over 2 series.

Peter Sallis was in both formats.

128E2A6D-9CE5-4970-A9B0-C74EDE2DC57C.jpeg

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Article in the paper today about Peter Wright, alias The Yorkshire Vet, who worked with "James Herriot" at one time. He particularly likes Sam West in the current series of All Creatures Great and Small, saying that his portrayal of Siegfried is spot on.

DB9

Article in the paper today about Peter Wright, alias The Yorkshire Vet, who worked with "James Herriot" at one time. He particularly likes Sam West in the current series of All Creatures Great and Small, saying that his portrayal of Siegfried is spot on.
Not sure what it is about C5's All Creatures Great And Small but it just comforts me watching it and so well written and acted too, I guess reminds me of my childhood when we all could watch a programme without fear of it being unsuitable for some. A time with 3 channels too.

Oldsmobile-88

26th September 1983.

The Winds of War was a very good US mini series in 7 parts dramatising the events from early 1939 until December 1941.
Robert Mitchum gave the series a bit of gravitas,Ali McGraw,Peter Graves & Ben Murphy also had major parts.
The follow up War & Remembrance was on the TV screens in 1988.

40A7E5A0-0B3C-4D69-B502-483BA477BDE3.jpeg9FF55D9D-DC4F-44F4-BEFC-8E3937F2D02E.jpeg

iscalad

26th September 1983.

The Winds of War was a very good US mini series in 7 parts dramatising the events from early 1939 until December 1941.
Robert Mitchum gave the series a bit of gravitas,Ali McGraw,Peter Graves & Ben Murphy also had major parts.
The follow up War & Remembrance was on the TV screens in 1988.

View attachment 7102View attachment 7103
Aussie rules on Channel 4

Colesman Ballz

Aussie rules on Channel 4
Showed a few weird sports in their time. I seem to remember kabaddi being shown for quite a while, or was that on Channel 5 ? :unsure:

Rosencrantz

Showed a few weird sports in their time. I seem to remember kabaddi being shown for quite a while, or was that on Channel 5 ? :unsure:
Kabaddi was on C4. Before C5 came along I think. Sky Sports showed Kabaddi a couple of years ago and it had certainly "IPL'd" up if you get what I mean. Special effects overload.

I quite liked C4 showing sports we hadn't really seen before in much detail. Aussie Rules, NFL, Kabaddi, Sumo and of course the excellent Tour De France coverage with Phil Liggett and Paul Sherwin. They also brought Gary Imlach to the national screen in their good for the time NFL coverage.

And then came Football Italia in the 90's. Golazzo indeed 🙂.

iscalad

We'll excuse me missus. Aussie Rules is a fine game.

Oldsmobile-88

Steve Coogan is going to play Jimmy Savile in a upcoming drama on the BBC.

I’m not sure that they should be the broadcaster to do this ?

Alistair20000

Heads up for Sunday(26th September) 9pm on TPTV.
The 1977 series Secret Army starts.
Saw episode 1 last night.

Had forgotten that Lisa/Yvette rather than Albert was initially in charge of Lifeline.

I also thought Kessler rocked up a bit later in the series rather than in episode 1.

Natalie's accent did not seem quite as silly as I thought it was at the time of first watching all those years ago. Maybe it will develop :)