• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

TV Times

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Luan Peters /Karol Keyes

View attachment 7090
"If you're going to grope a girl, Basil, at least have the good manners to be in the same room with her."

Mr Jinx

Very well known Exeweb poster
"If you're going to grope a girl, Basil, at least have the good manners to be in the same room with her."
Classic line upon classic line.

Although not my favourite episode, "Waldorf Salad" exhibited the gulf which existed between Americans and English back then.

All the stereotypes: Stuffiness vs brashness. Positivity vs negativity. Forward looking vs backward looking.

Again, genius casting with the brilliant Bruce Boa (RIP) as the "American". Funnily enough, he's actually Canadian, but that's probably why he played it so well - having seen them from outside.

Oldsmobile-88

Channel surfing last night,I came across Braveheart(1995) with the dreadful Mel Gibson in the lead role.Surely a native Scotsman should have had the role ?
Full of nonsense & historical inaccuracy.
As poor as I can recall from watching it originally.

A better film imo from that year was Rob Roy(1995) Liam Neilson in the lead role.

iscalad

VCM on QI saying she would with Cliff (80) Shaky (73). Hope for me yet

Reactions: DB9

Alistair20000

Classic line upon classic line.

Although not my favourite episode, "Waldorf Salad" exhibited the gulf which existed between Americans and English back then.

All the stereotypes: Stuffiness vs brashness. Positivity vs negativity. Forward looking vs backward looking.

Again, genius casting with the brilliant Bruce Boa (RIP) as the "American". Funnily enough, he's actually Canadian, but that's probably why he played it so well - having seen them from outside.
Fawlty would not be made today.

Yes Bruce “bust his ass” Boa played that part to perfection. Couldn’t find the freeway. Had to take a little backstreet called the M5.

Which episode is your favourite Jinxy ?

Alistair20000

VCM on QI saying she would with Cliff (80) Shaky (73). Hope for me yet
Would what isca ? Sing a song ?

Alistair20000

Channel surfing last night,I came across Braveheart(1995) with the dreadful Mel Gibson in the lead role.Surely a native Scotsman should have had the role ?
Full of nonsense & historical inaccuracy.
As poor as I can recall from watching it originally.

A better film imo from that year was Rob Roy(1995) Liam Neilson in the lead role.
I suppose an actor from Norn Iron is nearly a Scot.

iscalad

Would what isca ? Sing a song ?
Oohhh yes 😍😍😍😍

LOG

It might be down to my dislike of Cleese but i've never found Fawlty Towers very funny. A bloke shouting a lot isn't really my idea of comedy.

Alistair20000

It might be down to my dislike of Cleese but i've never found Fawlty Towers very funny. A bloke shouting a lot isn't really my idea of comedy.
What the buffoon shouts is part of the humour.

I am much saddened FT does not float your boat. What comedy tickles your fancy if it is not impertinent to politely enquire ?