• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

TV Times

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
The Seventies..A documentary series originally shown in 2016.Watched a couple of episodes(8 in all) last night,really interesting.It was made for CNN so it has a US slant on viewing.Fascinating episode covering Ford,Carter & up to Reagan’s Presidential Election win.
I had forgotten that Ted Kennedy challenged Jimmy Carter for the Democratic nomination for the ‘80 Presidential Election.
The Hostages in Tehran defined Carters term.Biden would have well remembered that well,he was in DC at the time.He must have been sweating about a similar scenario in Kabul.
It's a great series that has covered the sixties up to the 2000's. Co-Produced by Tom Hanks. There are some great episodes. The Sixties is a very strong series especially the one about 1968. They also produced The Movies which was also on Sky Docs which is very watchable even if you are not heavily in to film like myself.

DB9

Just a thought, Midsomer Murders, An absolute bonkers place to live (Apparently not for long though)

Rosencrantz

Just turned on Last Night of the Proms...Ricky Ponting has put on some weight 😳

elginCity

Just turned on Last Night of the Proms...Ricky Ponting has put on some weight 😳
A good turnout from the patriots !

tavyred

I used to rail against the Guardianista’s who used to say the LNOTP was a early 20th century anachronism where middle class folks used to wave a redundant flag and yearn forlornly for past glories.
I think they’re finally right! 😉

Oldsmobile-88

More childhood TV memories.
I’m trying to think what day the programme went out.It may have been a Saturday on the ITV network.

DB9

More childhood TV memories.
I’m trying to think what day the programme went out.It may have been a Saturday on the ITV network.

I thought it broadcasted on the BBC Olds, Saturday yes and at a time before Swap Shop etc started when they had this, A cartoon and maybe something like The Flashing Blade or White Horses as the kids schedule?

Oldsmobile-88

I thought it broadcasted on the BBC Olds, Saturday yes and at a time before Swap Shop etc started when they had this, A cartoon and maybe something like The Flashing Blade or White Horses as the kids schedule?
Yes..You are probably correct DB9..Iirc Swapshop started in early 1976.

Odd that Double Deckers was shown in the US first.

DB9

Yes..You are probably correct DB9..Iirc Swapshop started in early 1976.

Odd that Double Deckers was shown in the US first.
I thought that, It was very British, It had one American character but also Melvyn Hayes in it too, Not very American! 🙂

tavyred

Definitely remember it being on the BBC DB and I don’t know if I’m a tad younger than yourself and olds, but I remember it being broadcast during the week at tea time for one of its repeat showings in the 70’s.