• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

TV Times

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
Didn't the actress who played his sister pass away recently? Can't remember her name.
Nicola Pagett..Played Elizabeth Bellamy.

Reactions: DB9

DB9

Cheers Olds, She was rather yummy in her day.

Alistair20000

Someone dying at 66 thirty years ago was fairly normal with few eyebrows raised. An era when what 40% of the population smoked 40 woodbines a day.

Fast forward to today where you hear "no age" when someone croaks before their eightieth birthday.
Yes that is a fair point Jinxster. (y)

The Woodbines did not finish off the other G Jackson (Glenda) at a "young" age though. Just ravaged her face and complexion rather nastily.

The past is a foreign country; they do things differently there.

Alistair20000

Cheers Olds, She was rather yummy in her day.
Yes she was indeed an attractive lady in a middle class private schoolgirl sort of way to my untrained eye; very 1970's too. I remember her as Anna in Operation Daybreak (1975) but she also played the promiscuous Liz Badger in the late 1980's series A Bit Of A Do.

I had not realised this about her from Wiki:

Pagett was diagnosed with manic depression in 1997, after becoming obsessed with the then Prime Minister's chief Press Secretary, Alastair Campbell. She relates in her book, Diamonds Behind My Eyes, that she later recovered.

Pagett died on 3 March 2021, aged 75, after suffering from a brain tumour.

Tim Long

Always got her mixed up with Lesley Anne Down .... also still alive

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lesley-Anne_Down

Oldsmobile-88

I do not watch the soaps much..Dip in & out occasionally to find that the characters of Peter Barlow & Phil Mitchell are still there despite being at deaths door numerous times though alcohol abuse !!

• Haha
Reactions: DB9

Oldsmobile-88

After mentioning the poor quality drama on ITV last week,I watched the first episode of a good one this evening...In Plain Sight which was first shown in 2016.
Martin Compston(Line of Duty)as psychopathic serial killer Peter Manuel, who killed at least eight people in a two-year reign of terror in the 1950s around Glasgow.

Oldsmobile-88

7th June 1979.

Creepy Savile presenting TOTP.

Rosie,a Sitcom in a fictional Yorkshire town written by Roy Clarke who also wrote Last of the Summer Wine & Open All Hours.It ran from 1977-81.
The original series from 1975 was called The Trials of P.C. Penrose.

Peter Woods reading the 9 O’clock News.
I always remember him with the booming baritone voice at the end of the famous Morecambe & Wise South Pacific sketch featuring the newsreaders at.Christmas 1977.
Woods is the biological father of Radio 4 PM presenter Justin Webb.
2799935D-D565-43BF-987C-D7578DE74975.jpeg

Banksy

Can’t remember that ‘The Deep Concern ‘ series at 9.25.Probably dismissed as not being interesting enough to watch or more likely no time to watch .

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Wildlife on One would have been the programme for me, followed by a re-read of "The Wind in the Willows".