• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

TV Times

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
Fargo on Netflix.
Just watched the first two episodes of Season One of this black comedy crime drama.It’s well written with a bit of quirky humour.
I will binge watch the rest of the first season(10 episodes) over the next few days.

Oldsmobile-88

17th May 1981.

Til Death...on ITV at 9.45pm..This was Til Death Us Do Part that was previously on BBC the last series on that channel was commissioned in 1974.

ATV decided to revive the Sitcom format again,with Alf Garnett in retirement at Eastbourne.
Times had changed & despite the writing being toned down from the BBC times it was not a great success iirc.
The time slot did not help either.
I was not a great fan of the original or the later reincarnation,it was too stereotypical & cringeworthy for me,even as a young teenager I saw through it.
The best performances came from Alf’s wife Else played by Dandy Nichols.The writing was perfect for her character.The dead pan put downs to Alf were really funny.
D137AA8A-1474-4299-835F-EAC4E0DC94F9.jpeg

Alistair20000

Some of the Tales Of The Unexpected were very good.

Don't recall The Sound Machine.

Spoonz Red E

Some of the Tales Of The Unexpected were very good.

Don't recall The Sound Machine.
It's on YouTube
Copy the link and get rid of the spaces ....
youtube . com/watch?v=QDiUvLl3zpg

Tim Long

Til Death... can't have been that well received - it's not on in the London region.

Alistair20000

It's on YouTube
Copy the link and get rid of the spaces ....
youtube . com/watch?v=QDiUvLl3zpg
Thanks for the link. (y)

Just watched it and certainly don’t recall seeing it before. Thought it fizzled out a bit at the end really.

Harry Andrews not playing a Sergeant Major was a bit of a shock.

Oldsmobile-88

Til Death... can't have been that well received - it's not on in the London region.
Probably on a different day.
ITV region franchises did show some productions for national consumption at different days & times until around 1990.

Oldsmobile-88

On the iplayer is the 1974 Eurovision Song Contest from The Dome,Brighton.(6th April 1974 to be precise)

I’m going to have a watch when I’ve got time.
I remember watching the original broadcast & thinking,wow the blonde from ABBA in those hot pants 😎

Interesting to watch the voting when it was genuine,before the silliness & abstract nationalism of the past couple of decades in the competition.

The Jurys in the various European countries only heard the songs via a radio link.There was no video hookup.Hence blokes with beards in drag,plus the other theatrics that the competition seems to be about since the turn of the millennium would have no influence on the jurys voting.
It would be just the song & vibe that attracted the votes.

DB9

Just getting into Motherland, What a great little gem that is.

iscalad

Just getting into Motherland, What a great little gem that is.
Watch the first couple of series on iPlayer. It really is a superb programme