• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

TV Times

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
There was a great documentary on recently on BT Sport which covered that - Stop The Tour. Peter Hain's story is a very interesting one and of course you had both sides of the politics/sport debate.
There was a good documentary done by BBC Wales(iirc) a few years ago about the controversial British Lions Tour of South Africa in 1974.
The players were put under a lot of pressure with all of aggravation surrounding the tour,took that out on the Springboks & Provincial teams,winning 19 games & drawing the other.

Rosencrantz

There was a good documentary done by BBC Wales(iirc) a few years ago about the controversial British Lions Tour of South Africa in 1974.
The players were put under a lot of pressure with all of aggravation surrounding the tour,took that out on the Springboks & Provincial teams,winning 19 games & drawing the other.
Legendary tour which kind of overshadows the previous tour where they beat NZ in 1971 which featured the great Barry John. I think BBC Wales had a good documentary on that as well 🙂.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
The Serpent on BBC. Excellent drama from the beeb, shown in 8 parts. Based upon the story of Charles Sobhraj, a serial killer who committed a number of terrible crimes mainly against backpackers in East Asia and South-East Asian starting in the 1970s. The jumping around the timeline is irritating and it took to episode 3 before I was content that we had made the right choice. Glad we kept going.
Watched the third episode last night [I'm old skool and prefer to view my TV 'live'] and have to concur – it really picked up the pace. Roll on next Sunday!

Oldsmobile-88

The Pembrokeshire Murders on ITV 9pm looks good.
Fact based drama on a couple of double murders in the 1980s.
The prime suspect had appeared on Bullseye in the 1990s.

Spoonz Red E

The Pembrokeshire Murders on ITV 9pm looks good.
Fact based drama on a couple of double murders in the 1980s.
The prime suspect had appeared on Bullseye in the 1990s.
"... nothing in this game for two in a bed" Jim Bowen.

Oldsmobile-88

"... nothing in this game for two in a bed" Jim Bowen.
Now the cash you won earlier for charity....That’s safe.

A few Speedboats won for people living in cities in that show 😁..All great stuff looking back.
Jim Bowen reminiscing on a comedy night🤣

Oldsmobile-88

13th January 1976.
A good nights viewing on BBC...Are You Being Served,Ellery Queen(forgotten that) Warship,then flick over to BBC2 for Fawlty Towers which was on its initial run,unbelievably looking back,had a bad review the previous week(A Touch of Class-Episode)
65A22794-1FFA-42B5-B585-80F0A830B55C.jpeg

DB9

13th January 1976.
A good nights viewing on BBC...Are You Being Served,Ellery Queen(forgotten that) Warship,then flick over to BBC2 for Fawlty Towers which was on its initial run,unbelievably looking back,had a bad review the previous week(A Touch of Class-Episode)
View attachment 5183
The Play for Today Nuts in May was shown the other night on TV (Maybe BBC4?) Warship was enjoyable, So much better than that awful "Triangle" about life on a North Sea Ferry.

Alistair20000

Love Nuts In May me.

Set in the area I used to live in up in Dorset

DB9

Love Nuts In May me.

Set in the area I used to live in up in Dorset
Think I watched it ages ago, Just the other night while channel hopping it was on. The characters were awful mind, Especially that bald headed bloke, Don't know his name but been in loads of things.