• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

TV Times

Mr Jinx

Very well known Exeweb poster
30/11/1978
A comedy drama clash at 8pm..The Good Life v George & Mildred....All great actors in both of those programmes...The Good Life would have edged it for me to tune in.
View attachment 4216
So on BBC1 at peak 9.30pm that night they showed an Omnibus special on a theatre director.

Compare this to last night where they subjected us to a show about an ex Premiership footballer who told us all how racism killed his mum (who was white!).

#signofthetimes

Oldsmobile-88

Just caught up with the Anton Ferdinand programme on the iplayer. BBC1 9pm 30/11

I though it was a well made around the catalyst of the infamous incident.
It was interesting to hear Ferdinands thoughts around the incident which to the best of my knowledge have not been heard before.

A shame John Terry did not get back to Anton Ferdinand at the end of the programme.I’m sure he could have put a few ghosts to bed & come out of the episode with a semblance of credibility(he was advised not to apparently)

Fair play to Jordan Henderson for coming & talking about the involvement of himself & Liverpool over the Saurez tee shirt incident.That must have been difficult in the context of the programme.

Rosencrantz

Just caught up with the Anton Ferdinand programme on the iplayer. BBC1 9pm 30/11

I though it was a well made around the catalyst of the infamous incident.
It was interesting to hear Ferdinands thoughts around the incident which to the best of my knowledge have not been heard before.

A shame John Terry did not get back to Anton Ferdinand at the end of the programme.I’m sure he could have put a few ghosts to bed & come out of the episode with a semblance of credibility(he was advised not to apparently)

Fair play to Jordan Henderson for coming & talking about the involvement of himself & Liverpool over the Saurez tee shirt incident.That must have been difficult in the context of the programme.
Just finished watching it myself and I would agree on everything you said. I think it highlights that not only speaking out needs to happen but also being given the support to do so has to be in place. Obviously some of Anton's feelings have been bottled up for a long time which hasn't done him any good which is something we are all guilty of at times, not saying something is bothering us or not asking someone if they are really ok and voicing concern.

But in being advised to not speak up and let the process play out without the support and being made to feel like the problem is concerning. Even though the FA denied at the end some of the observations of Troy Townsend that Kick It Out cannot intervene in ongoing investigations, something is clearly wrong.

Finally, I know we just shrug our shoulders about it and carry on, but where do these people who feel entitled to abuse others so vilely crawl out from. Social media companies need to get a grip on this but it is incredibly depressing they have to.

Mr Jinx

Little surprise there. Given it was the BBC, he was probably wise to steer clear.

I'm not defending Terry by the way. I'm sure he's a fairly abhorrent individual. It's no secret he hated Rio Ferdinand (which was reciprocated). Was that just because Ferdinand was half black? I doubt it. He also hated Steven Gerrard incidentally.

tavyred

Mr Jinx

Looks pretty dire to me.
Pretty good if you're a six year old and not seen most of those animated films already (which they probably have). Otherwise, yes, bleddy dire.

Surprised they're not doing an alternative queen's message by RuPaul.

DB9

Pretty good if you're a six year old and not seen most of those animated films already (which they probably have). Otherwise, yes, bleddy dire.

Surprised they're not doing an alternative queen's message by RuPaul.
Leave that to C4. As Tavy says pretty dire, MOTD live on Boxing Day is the only thing mildly interesting, Thank the Lord for Amazon and Netflix, Can see them doing well over the festive period.

Oldsmobile-88

2nd December 1980.
Europes Strongest Man would have been on the watch list.
Anyone any idea what the programme on Westward TV at 7pm was about ? Obviously a regional production.
Happy Days on Westward,but no Emmerdale Farm.Good Shout..
7F175735-523B-4CFE-8CC0-6E4839BFDA41.jpegCC7C3DEF-D21D-4710-A8B5-8F90362418FA.jpeg

Rosencrantz

2nd December 1980.
Anyone any idea what the programme on Westward TV at 7pm was about ? Obviously a regional production.
View attachment 4284View attachment 4285
Shows my age a bit but I can only remember watching Happy Days on Channel 4 which was obviously a few years hence. I can remember watching TV before Channel 4 though, just not Happy Days 🤪

DB9

2nd December 1980.
View attachment 4284View attachment 4285
Apparently that Game Show Mark was presented by the late David Jacobs, Found this little synopsis on it.