• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

TV Times

tavyred

Very well known Exeweb poster
The Trial of the Chicago 7. Netflix Original.
Really enjoyed this Aaron Sorkin effort, tells the story of a disparate group of protesters who got pinged in the early years of the Nixon administration and were accused of causing violence around the 1968 Democratic party convention in Chicago. Great script, as you would expect with Sorkin and a stellar cast.
Highly recommend.
9/10.

DB9

Einsatzgruppen. Hitler's Death Squads, Documentary on Netflix about the group of Nazis responsible for shooting millions of Jews and others on the Eastern Front during WW2, Obviously with the subject matter this is not for the faint hearted but it showed how it was organised with precision and how they encouraged and involved local militia and nationalists, Many countries in the axis also happily took part as well, Something I wasn't aware of. Saddest thing was less than 10% who took part were brought to trial and of those even fewer were sentenced to death and some had their sentences commuted to life and were released by the mid 50's. Hard to listen to the survivors and witnesses stories, Also it had some of those who carried out these dreadful crimes trying to explain why they did it. A dark time and one that should be never forgotten.

Oldsmobile-88

Einsatzgruppen. Hitler's Death Squads, Documentary on Netflix about the group of Nazis responsible for shooting millions of Jews and others on the Eastern Front during WW2, Obviously with the subject matter this is not for the faint hearted but it showed how it was organised with precision and how they encouraged and involved local militia and nationalists, Many countries in the axis also happily took part as well, Something I wasn't aware of. Saddest thing was less than 10% who took part were brought to trial and of those even fewer were sentenced to death and some had their sentences commuted to life and were released by the mid 50's. Hard to listen to the survivors and witnesses stories, Also it had some of those who carried out these dreadful crimes trying to explain why they did it. A dark time and one that should be never forgotten.
I have seen that..It’s chilling & is on a par if that’s the right term with The World at War episode about the Concentration Camps,which had a profound effect on many(including me) when it was shown in 1974.

Last edited:

Rosencrantz

I have seen that..It’s chilling & is on a par if that’s the right term with The World at War episode about the Concentration Camps,which had a profound effect on many(including me) when it was shown in 1974.
And on video year's later watching with my Grandad.

DB9

I was about 10 when The World At War was first shown, Can't think for the life of me how I was allowed to watch it but I did and like you that episode I've never forgotten. This one on Netflix also showed that some of the killers in later life in the 60's & 70's were actual Policemen and I didn't realize their uniforms were so much like their SS ones, Long leather coat and tall peak cap, Very scary. Rather than trying to forget history like some want to I wish everyone would watch something like this to make sure it doesn't happen again, Even now Eastern Europe is a hotbed of extreme nationalists.

Banksy

The veneer of civilisation is very thin I’m afraid DB9.Sadly history will keep repeating itself.Think PolPot and the Serbs.

DB9

The veneer of civilisation is very thin I’m afraid DB9.Sadly history will keep repeating itself.Think PolPot and the Serbs.
Indeed, While those involed in the ones you mentioned were indicted and some even stood trial, Most of them if not all didn't have to answer for their deeds because they either died or got help to hide away. Their underlings got found guilty but like those Nazis, They ended with jail sentences that never fitted the crime and go about their business today.

DB9

From the awful subject above to this, Schitt's Creek on Netflix. Very funny, Deadpan story of a very wealthy family in the US who end up with no money after it was stolen by a buisness associate and they locate to this awful town they bought years back as a laugh call Schitt Creek. Mum, Dad and two spoilt grown up children adapt to their surroundings with funny results, Think its started on E4 now, I've managed to watch two series so far.

Oldsmobile-88

Onto season 7 of Homeland.Still as good as the first season.

DB9

From the awful subject above to this, Schitt's Creek on Netflix. Very funny, Deadpan story of a very wealthy family in the US who end up with no money after it was stolen by a buisness associate and they locate to this awful town they bought years back as a laugh call Schitt Creek. Mum, Dad and two spoilt grown up children adapt to their surroundings with funny results, Think its started on E4 now, I've managed to watch two series so far.
One thing I forgot to say about this programme is don't have your Alexa near it because Schitts Creek has a character called Alexis in it and every time her name is mentioned my Alexa goes off and says something random! 😄