• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

TV Times

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Just watched Guy Garvey:From the Vaults on Sky Arts. Looking at a year in music from the ITV vaults including some not seen on TV since it went out or ever. Just watched 1982 and now watching 1979 on catch up.

Quite familiar with BBC archive because of their programs, particularly on BBC4 but not so much with ITV, particularly with all the regional variations. 1979 even has The Clash playing live on TV 😮.

Red Devon

Paul Nicholas banging the Fag machine in the pub.
I had forgotten all about those(should be on the things you don’t see anymore,thread 😎)
Cost more than the shop for a packet that usually just had 16 cigarettes.
Just good friends ran from 1983-86.
Golden era for British comedy from the John Sullivan stable I believe 👍👍👍

Oldsmobile-88

Should be interesting..

iscalad

Just watched Guy Garvey:From the Vaults on Sky Arts. Looking at a year in music from the ITV vaults including some not seen on TV since it went out or ever. Just watched 1982 and now watching 1979 on catch up.

Quite familiar with BBC archive because of their programs, particularly on BBC4 but not so much with ITV, particularly with all the regional variations. 1979 even has The Clash playing live on TV 😮.
Got them both recorded. Sounds good

Mr Jinx

Should be interesting..
Sign me up! About time we had an opinionated News Channel on these shores that isn't swinging to the Left.

DB9

Sign me up! About time we had an opinionated News Channel on these shores that isn't swinging to the Left.
Radio do try to have a mix, LBC have have on one side James O'Brein then they've had Rees-Mogg, Farage and Ian Dale. TalkRadio are the same, A varied mix but TV can be disappointing in terms of their content. It will be interesting to see the line up when they launch.

tavyred

The best year ever for music. 👍

Oldsmobile-88

The best year ever for music. 👍
I went to some great gigs that year.

Rosy mentioned the Clash in a previous post,indeed it was rare to see them on TV because of their reluctance to mime on TOTP.
Unusual for any up & coming band(or established)to get decent live exposure on TV back then.

The exception,being invited onto Something Else a short series on BBC2,OGWT or Granada’s So it Goes,which was networked to the other regions but was on at around midnight just before closedown iirc.

Rock goes to College another BB2 programme from 1977/78 also was a decent showcase...Unless you were The Stranglers 😁

iscalad

Pink Floyd at Pompeii. On Sky Arts. Sublime

iscalad

I went to some great gigs that year.

Rosy mentioned the Clash in a previous post,indeed it was rare to see them on TV because of their reluctance to mime on TOTP.
Unusual for any up & coming band(or established)to get decent live exposure on TV back then.

The exception,being invited onto Something Else a short series on BBC2,OGWT or Granada’s So it Goes,which was networked to the other regions but was on at around midnight just before closedown iirc.

Rock goes to College another BB2 programme from 1977/78 also was a decent showcase...Unless you were The Stranglers 😁
Sounds of the 70s on Yesterday at 8pm