• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

TV Times

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
"Sunderland 'Till I Die" From Netflix, This looks behind the scenes of Sunderland the season after they got relegated from the PL which ended up with relegation from The Championship. A real must watch this is, Not only from the clubs view but supporters too, It follows that whole season and the awful time they had firstly with Simon Grayson then Chris Coleman. Totally gripped by it and now watching the second season which shows their first season in L1 and what a culture shock it is to the club and fans.

I'm sure back 10-15 years? the BBC did something similar.

Oldsmobile-88

"Sunderland 'Till I Die" From Netflix, This looks behind the scenes of Sunderland the season after they got relegated from the PL which ended up with relegation from The Championship. A real must watch this is, Not only from the clubs view but supporters too, It follows that whole season and the awful time they had firstly with Simon Grayson then Chris Coleman. Totally gripped by it and now watching the second season which shows their first season in L1 and what a culture shock it is to the club and fans.

A excellent series...It is a must watch.

The guy who bought the club in the series is looking to sell it for what he paid £37.5m...Though when he bought it they still had 2 seasons of parachute payments from the PL which was reflected in the purchase price...Lucky to get half that in their current position & the economic climate now.

Reactions: DB9

DB9

A excellent series...It is a must watch.

The guy who bought the club in the series is looking to sell it for what he paid £37.5m...Though when he bought it they still had 2 seasons of parachute payments from the PL which was reflected in the purchase price...Lucky to get half that in their current position & the economic climate now.
He found out very quickly that owning Sunderland was not the same as owning Eastleigh, They cleared their debts but seem to work on the model of promotion in their first season and we all know that didn't happen and now after a second season in L1 with the season finishing early they were still off the pace, Now entering their 3rd season in L1 Donald wants to get rid, Just reading Sunderland owner Stewart Donald has entered a period of exclusivity with a prospective buyer and could sell before the new season starts in September so another person looks likely to be at the helm.

One thing Olds I'm not sure if you saw the same thing as me but the fans, It was like looking in a mirror as a fan, Expectations, Hope, Disappointment, Heart break etc. Those fans could be us and you totally relate to them. One thing non-football fans will never understand, Managers, Players, Chairman and Owners come and go but we fans are here for life.

Tim Long

...looks behind the scenes of Sunderland the season ...

Indeed. When Peter Reid, monkey heid was manager and Bobby Saxton was his assistant. Contained a lot of effing and jeffing by the pair. Made me sure that Saxton's half time team talk at Barnsley in the 76-7 season when City were 3 down definitely wasn't "Just go out there and play".

DB9

Indeed. When Peter Reid, monkey heid was manager and Bobby Saxton was his assistant. Contained a lot of effing and jeffing by the pair. Made me sure that Saxton's half time team talk at Barnsley in the 76-7 season when City were 3 down definitely wasn't "Just go out there and play".
Thought so, If it's online somewhere be interesting to see that relegation season too and I think it might have been not too long after they moved to their new stadium

Grecian2K

World Cup 1966 : Alfie’s Boys on BBC 2.

Repeated from 4 years ago.A excellent watch & worth watching on the iplayer if you missed it.
Agree mate!! Wonderful to watch.

Back to those good old days when the "team dietician" was the local pub landlord and the nearest they ever got to a "sports psychologist" was the bloke they met on the "Clapham Omnibus" on the way back from Wembley Stadium.

Oh, and the only "football agents" then we're probably the wives flogging cosmetics to make ends meet during the close season.

Such innocent (and, arguably HAPPIER days) .... although, to be fair, Greavsie still seemed to be bitter, even after half a century!!!

Tim Long

Thought so, If it's online somewhere be interesting to see that relegation season too and I think it might have been not too long after they moved to their new stadium
Called 'Premier Passions' apparently. Bits on Youtube, possibly not suitable for a family audience though.

DB9

Called 'Premier Passions' apparently. Bits on Youtube, possibly not suitable for a family audience though.
Thanks for that Tim, Couldn't remember the name of the programme, This new one on Netflix is like the old one, Not suitable for family viewing, Lots of choice language.

iscalad

Agree mate!! Wonderful to watch.

Back to those good old days when the "team dietician" was the local pub landlord and the nearest they ever got to a "sports psychologist" was the bloke they met on the "Clapham Omnibus" on the way back from Wembley Stadium.

Oh, and the only "football agents" then we're probably the wives flogging cosmetics to make ends meet during the close season.

Such innocent (and, arguably HAPPIER days) .... although, to be fair, Greavsie still seemed to be bitter, even after half a century!!!
Keep the wives/girlfriends well away from the celebrations.

Oldsmobile-88

Halfway through the second season of Mayans MC.Gets better as it evolves.
A few characters from the wonderful Sons of Anarchy pop up along the way.