• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

TV Times

Mr Jan Yeo

Well-known Exeweb poster
Taskmaster on Dave.

5 Comedians get given a series of stupid/silly tasks and Greg Davies awards them points depending on how well they completed them. I didn't watch the first few series because I thought it would be carp but actually very funny. Completely stupid/mindless/braindead fun but I find you need that every now and again.

Can catch up all series on demand/catch up TV
Taskmaster is the only thing, other than sport, that I purposely sit down to watch. Anything else I see is usually just clicking on the telly through boredom.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Watched Last Chance Lawyer on BBC2 last night and although I rarely follow tv series I shall be watching the rest of this one. Anybody else see it?

Swanaldo

Very well known Exeweb poster
Taskmaster is the only thing that I purposely sit down to watch.
To be fair, you were probably already sitting. In the vicinity of cheese.

Initially I was disappointed with this year's crop of 'celebs' on TM, but it's actually been pretty good. About to watch Ep. 7.

ExeterCityLad

Making a murder season 2 starts tomorrow on Netflix, and I'm absolutely gassed about it. Can't wait.

ecfc70

Just started the haunting of hill house on netflix, Mrs 70 could only do 2 episodes before needing to watch something funny

Terryhall

Just started the haunting of hill house on netflix, Mrs 70 could only do 2 episodes before needing to watch something funny
Is it any good? We watched the trailer for it and stuck it on the list - I'll probably be the same as Mrs 70, I'll need a cheerfulness break after 2 or 3 episodes.

We just started with The Frankenstein Chronicles. Sean Bean, scruffy old London town, bow street runners, vagrants, vagabonds and murders. Pretty decent if you like that kind of thing (and don't mind the main character sporting a broad Yorkshire accent that almost definitely would not have been present in London society at that time - personally I have to say though, I much prefer that to the alternative of our Sean putting on a Dick Van Dyke style "Allo Maary Poppeens" fake cockney.)

ecfc70

Is it any good? We watched the trailer for it and stuck it on the list - I'll probably be the same as Mrs 70, I'll need a cheerfulness break after 2 or 3 episodes.
I'm enjoying it, has taken the 2 episodes to work out who's who, a fair amount of jumpy moments which for the most part you can see coming but still sends the shivers

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I've enjoyed GBBO. Despite some wobbles in recent rounds, the right winner was chosen.

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
I've enjoyed GBBO. Despite some wobbles in recent rounds, the right winner was chosen.
Social media does not necessarily support the choice of the judges. I see “fix” mentioned. SWMBO was not impressed at all by this decision.

Terryhall

Agree with this, the best baker won (despite being lucky to still be there after the QF in particular). Think all three finalists were great but only one can win.