• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

TV Times

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
15th May 1970.

Top of the Form on BBC 1. A quiz between schools. Teams of 4 aged between 13 & 17.
Ran between 1962 to 75 on BBC1. The Radio version ran between 1948-86 on the light programme then Radio 4.

Geoffrey Wheeler was the TV quizmaster...Wheeler was perhaps better known for presenting Songs of Praise in this era.

0638C639-B619-4A03-8FC9-BB749BCB8E69.jpeg

Oldsmobile-88

15th May 1986.

Mission Impossible is being rerun on BBC2 probably for the last time on a major terrestrial channel in the U.K.

It ran for 7 seasons(171) episodes from 1966-73 originally on CBS.
There were also a couple of seasons in 1988-90, which were not as successful as the original showing.

Barbara Bain played Cinnamon Carter in the first 3 seasons, she is probably better remembered as Dr Helena Carter in Space 1999 the ITV Sci Fi production in the mid 1970s.

C9447B1C-9CCF-4D31-A3A2-C4748AFF057C.jpeg

Spoonz Red E

I enjoyed Mission Impossible back in the day but was always bemused at how many super secure buildings had massive air conditioning pipe systems to facilitate breaking and entering.

Bridgy 81

I enjoyed Mission Impossible back in the day but was always bemused at how many super secure buildings had massive air conditioning pipe systems to facilitate breaking and entering.
and I’ve often wondered why people in days gone by spent so much time, effort and money building highly fortified castles when it was so easy for any invaders to simply get in through the gift shop.

Oldsmobile-88

15th May 1985.

A good evenings viewing on the ITV Network, European Cup Winners Cup Final, Everton were red hot that season, little did we know the days of English teams in European action were going to come to a abrupt end in a couple of weeks time for many years.

Then the great film, Capricorn One(1977) A ITC production backed & released by Warner Bros. A box office success in the US.
A conspiracy around a Mars Space Mission, sounds corny but it’s a great film well written. I’d forgotten O J Simpson was in the film, despite my fascination around his subsequent court cases & fall from grace 😎

23473F38-812B-47E0-83F6-B40D02764659.jpeg

Oldsmobile-88

Love watching Taggart on the Drama Channel. A subtle mix of sarcasm & humour in the writing around the shows main character.
The one I’m watching now is from 1987, The females had wonderful hairstyles in that particular era..Well I thought they did ! 😁

Rosencrantz

15th May 1985.

A good evenings viewing on the ITV Network, European Cup Winners Cup Final, Everton were red hot that season, little did we know the days of English teams in European action were going to come to a abrupt end in a couple of weeks time for many years.

View attachment 8556
Still a touchy subject with Everton fans of that vintage that they never got the chance to go for the European Cup the following season. With Lineker scoring 40 goals it was probably the best chance Everton had of winning it. For this particular season the semi final second leg against Bayern Munich at Goodison is more fondly remembered than actually winning the final against Rapid Vienna.

Oldsmobile-88

Still a touchy subject with Everton fans of that vintage that they never got the chance to go for the European Cup the following season. With Lineker scoring 40 goals it was probably the best chance Everton had of winning it. For this particular season the semi final second leg against Bayern Munich at Goodison is more fondly remembered than actually winning the final against Rapid Vienna.
Indeed...

Iirc the SF 2nd leg game against Bayern Munich at Goodison was shown on Sportsnight(Highlights) most people watching would not have known the result, I remember I didn’t.

Tim Long

Love watching Taggart on the Drama Channel. A subtle mix of sarcasm & humour in the writing around the shows main character.
The one I’m watching now is from 1987, The females had wonderful hairstyles in that particular era..Well I thought they did ! 😁
I've never really got over the fact that Taggart's Mark McManus and The Sweet's Brian Connolly were half brothers. McManus was also very good in Sam.

DB9

I've never really got over the fact that Taggart's Mark McManus and The Sweet's Brian Connolly were half brothers. McManus was also very good in Sam.
And sadly both passed away with similar health issues (Alchohol too)