• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

TV Times

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
But played on the kazoo in deference to I'm Sorry I Haven't A Clue.
And sung to the tune of "I'm in the Mood for Dancing"

Oldsmobile-88

18th January 2002..

Some great offerings on the BBC..Robot Wars,Bill Oddie Goes Wild.Eastenders with the ongoing aggravation between Phil Mitchell & Steve Owen probably the last time I closely followed that soap.
Piece de resistance,Timewatch which was about the sinking of HMS Repulse & HMS Prince of Wales by the a Japanese on their way to Singapore.
I recall watching this programme.My Great Uncle was on the Prince of Wales at the time,surviving only to spend well over 3 years at the hands of the cruel Japanese military.Used as slave labour at a mine in Siam(Thailand) A miracle he survived.He he was in very bad shape when liberated in Sept 1945.

C5C9CF5E-0F62-4B4C-934E-55A8480F7573.jpeg

Mr Jinx

18th January 2002..

Some great offerings on the BBC..Robot Wars,Bill Oddie Goes Wild.Eastenders with the ongoing aggravation between Phil Mitchell & Steve Owen probably the last time I closely followed that soap.
Piece de resistance,Timewatch which was about the sinking of HMS Repulse & HMS Prince of Wales by the a Japanese on their way to Singapore.
I recall watching this programme.My Great Uncle was on the Prince of Wales at the time,surviving only to spend well over 3 years at the hands of the cruel Japanese military.Used as slave labour at a mine in Siam(Thailand) A miracle he survived.He he was in very bad shape when liberated in Sept 1945.

View attachment 7721
Shoestring!!!

I do remember the BBC showing repeats of a lunchtime way back when. I was unemployed at the time and so watched them all. And this would be one of them. It was the highlight of my day!

iscalad

Shoestring!!!

I do remember the BBC showing repeats of a lunchtime way back when. I was unemployed at the time and so watched them all. And this would be one of them. It was the highlight of my day!
Are we allowed to like programmes on the BBC. Asking for a friend.

Mr Jinx

Are we allowed to like programmes on the BBC. Asking for a friend.
Old ones yes. Before they went woke.

Alistair20000

Loved Robot Wars me (y)

Rosencrantz

Loved Robot Wars me (y)
Panic Attack was a bit of a Robot Wars legend wasn't it? Strange how the name jumps out at you after all these years 🤓

Alistair20000

Panic Attack was a bit of a Robot Wars legend wasn't it? Strange how the name jumps out at you after all these years 🤓
I liked Robert Plant's Team Big Cheese with The Big Cheese robot and after that The Wheely Big Cheese robot with the powerful flipper.

I think Paul Tisdale might have had a role there.

Oldsmobile-88

Shoestring!!!

A good BBC drama..It ran for 2 seasons(21 episodes)
Unusual at the time for the fact that it was filmed & set around a mid sized regional city-Bristol.

It was first broadcasted on a Saturday evening in the late Summer of 1979, just as ITV was off screens for a 3 month strike, thus having a clear run of no opposition on ‘the other side’ with viewing figures that would have been unthinkable when production was taking place.

Oldsmobile-88

18th January 1994.

Quantum Leap on BBC2.A cult sci-fi drama produced by NBC.It ran for 5 Seasons(97 episodes) from 1989(1990 UK)

Entertaining, with the character Dr Sam Beckett (Scott Bakula)involuntarily leaping back through time taking the place of other people.He was assistant by a hologram, Admiral Al Calaivicci(Dean Stockwell 1936-2021) guiding Sam to add a bit of amusement to the episodes.

Wonderful stuff if you like a bit of Sci-fi with time travel.

041AD90E-DC5A-4F83-B841-CF4D00E34423.jpeg

Last edited: