• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

TV Times

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
Did anyone watch The Larkins last Sunday and any thoughts?

Alistair20000

Did anyone watch The Larkins last Sunday and any thoughts?
No.

DB9

Not the best, Shame really but this maybe one remake too far.

Alistair20000

Not the best, Shame really but this maybe one remake too far.
I did think this one couldn’t beat David Jason, Pam Ferris and Catherine Zeta Jones which is a bit unfair. One should look and judge.

DB9

I did think this one couldn’t beat David Jason, Pam Ferris and Catherine Zeta Jones which is a bit unfair. One should look and judge.
The original had an innocence about it, This one have characters which are hard to believe especially the eldest daughter, Unlike Catherine Zeta Jones, the actress who plays the girl talks and acts so posh it's like she's from Kensington in London, Have a look and judge for yourself Al, Its no All Creatures Great and Small.

Oldsmobile-88

Bob Monkhouse on the cover of Radio Times in October 1983.

25FC5E9E-255A-425D-B1FC-F0775AE1359D.jpeg

Oldsmobile-88

TV Times cover from October 1989.Coronation Streets Alan Bradley(Mark Eden) & Rita Fairclough(Barbara Knox)
Probably one of the best written long building storylines in the soaps history.
It dealt with attempted rape(Bradley on a employee) coercion & fraud.Emotional blackmail on Rita leading to her having a nervous breakdown.Heavy stuff for the soap in the late 1980s as it competed with Eastenders more gritty storylines.
We of course we all remember the finale in December,Bradley comes off second best with a Blackpool tram as he chases Rita.

B55853AE-A2A8-468F-B40F-B055AB59938F.jpeg

Oldsmobile-88

Does anyone watch the main soaps anymore ?

I have not watched any of them regularly for many years now.The main ones,Eastenders & Coronation St are on too often in the week,resulting in poor quality writing & plots,i thought.
The storyline I mentioned above was when The Street was just on twice a week(Mon & Wed 7.30-8pm)whilst Eastenders was broadcasted Tues &
Thurs 7-30-8pm.
I occasionally catch a episode of the aforementioned recognise a few of the characters but have no idea what’s going on 😁
Is Phil Mitchell still boozing ? He always seemed to be at deaths door with alcohol,the same as Peter Barlow on the rival soap.

Spoonz Red E

TV Times cover from October 1989.Coronation Streets Alan Bradley(Mark Eden) & Rita Fairclough(Barbara Knox)
Probably one of the best written long building storylines in the soaps history.
It dealt with attempted rape(Bradley on a employee) coercion & fraud.Emotional blackmail on Rita leading to her having a nervous breakdown.Heavy stuff for the soap in the late 1980s as it competed with Eastenders more gritty storylines.
We of course we all remember the finale in December,Bradley comes off second best with a Blackpool tram as he chases Rita.

View attachment 7192
He never did make it to Bispham.

Oldsmobile-88

He never did make it to Bispham.

Wow..Look at that viewing figure !
It really was a storyline that captured the imagination of the nation at the time.