• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

TV Times

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
5.40 Magic Roundabout (y)
Anybody remember the Jasper Carrott parody?

B-o-o-o-o-i-i-i-i-n-n-n-n-g-g-g-g! "Time for bed!" said Zebedee.

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
That bleddy horrible theme music, yukk ! Had to endure it whilst my dad waited for the six o'clock news to start. I am probably alone in this, but for some reason "Dr Dave" reminds me of Dylan !
Magic Roundabout was cult viewing when I was at university. The Pseuds used to rock up in droves into the TV lounge just before that theme music kicked off.

Dylan and Dr Dave ? Interesting.

Oldsmobile-88

Dylan the hippy...Brian the snail...It was all a bit surreal looking back 😁

DB9

Dylan and Dr Dave ? Interesting.
You've never seen them in the same room together so you never know:unsure:

Red Devon

It was over something trivial about their wives iirc.

It got bitter,Bolam refused to allow the series to be repeated for years.Bewes needed the royaltys,which added to the fall out.A real shame.

Such a easy storyline running through the series.
Bobs wife Thelma & Terry grating on each other,so true to life.We have all seen & experienced that 😁

The early 70’s - brilliant series always remember the episode when they spent all evening trying to avoid knowing the result of of an England match away to East Germany or someone like that only for the game to have been postponed 😂😂😂 - Another Classic from that time was Man About The House was very daring for its day.

Alistair20000

You've never seen them in the same room together so you never know:unsure:
Indeed.

I would think of Mr McHenry the gardener as Dr Dave if we are looking for Exeweb/Magic Roundabout lookalikes.

Oldsmobile-88

The early 70’s - brilliant series always remember the episode when they spent all evening trying to avoid knowing the result of of an England match away to East Germany or someone like that only for the game to have been postponed 😂😂😂 - Another Classic from that time was Man About The House was very daring for its day.
I think the game was away to Yugoslavia.

Great uncomplicated situation comedy..I seem to recall it was Brian Glover who was trying to tell them about the game 😁..Great stuff that all of us of a certain age watched.

Reactions: DB9

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster

Great uncomplicated situation comedy..I seem to recall it was Brian Glover who was trying to tell them about the game 😁..Great stuff that all of us of a certain age watched.
Bulgaria, I think. One of the best episodes. The car passing the TV shop apparently with no driver!

DB9

The awful Ant & Dec tried to do that episode not that long ago, Failed totally, You can't copy class like that

Oldsmobile-88

Downloaded Ministry of Time on Netflix...A couple of posters have recommended the series..Looks good.
Indeed it is.

Watched the first 3 episodes so far.A bit more racy with a few one liners thrown in than the similar themed US production Timeless.
Picking up a bit of Spanish from the subtitles too.