• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

TV Times

Spoonz Red E

Very well known Exeweb poster
Still a huge ratings winner though but it was a programme of its time and TBH it was best it finished as attitudes were changing.
Quite starkly as I recall.
1978 had both the Black & White Minstrels and the album Dread, Beat & Blood released by Linton Kwesi Johnson.

• Haha
Reactions: DB9

DB9

Quite starkly as I recall.
1978 had both the Black & White Minstrels and the album Dread, Beat & Blood released by Linton Kwesi Johnson.
It does say one of the guess was Keith Harris, Wonder if they "Blacked Up" Orville? :unsure:

Spoonz Red E

It does say one of the guess was Keith Harris, Wonder if they "Blacked Up" Orville? :unsure:
In that regard, Orville has an interesting origin story.

From Harris' wikipedia:
"Harris' best known creation, Orville the duck, came about after he saw some green fur lying around backstage at a performance of The Black and White Minstrel Show in Bristol. "

Mr Jinx

Still a huge ratings winner though but it was a programme of its time and TBH it was best it finished as attitudes were changing.
Why would you want to stop something like this?...

I can't find a clip of the 'Stop your Tickling Jock' sketch, which not only offended blacks, but the Scottish too.

• Wow
Reactions: DB9

iscalad

Why would you want to stop something like this?...

I can't find a clip of the 'Stop your Tickling Jock' sketch, which not only offended blacks, but the Scottish too.
Wholesome family entertainment from a different era 😞

Oldsmobile-88

A feature in this weeks Radio Times on TPTV.
BA56629C-03DB-4269-9079-C1420457D928.jpeg344FD0E5-713A-44E7-92B4-D613644A0F52.jpeg

Alistair20000

Amongst those children’s programmes good memories of Captain Pugwash and dithering dogfish etc.

Also Roobarb for it’s zany theme tune.

Alistair20000

A pity. Something that upsets the kilted ones is worth preserving.

Mr Jinx

C4 tries to expand its True Crime offering with last night's "In the Footsteps of Killers".

I watched it last night and learnt nothing new on the Suzy Lamplugh case as it was all old ground, but I watched it just for an hour's ogling of Emilia Fox. :love::love::love:

DB9

C4 tries to expand its True Crime offering with last night's "In the Footsteps of Killers".

I watched it last night and learnt nothing new on the Suzy Lamplugh case as it was all old ground, but I watched it just for an hour's ogling of Emilia Fox. :love::love::love:
Seems a fair reason to watch it 👍