• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

TV Times

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
I would of loved that.
Me too.

Oldsmobile-88

Just watching Crawley v Leeds on BT Sport,my good lady shouts from the garden that I have to let her know when Mark Wright comes on from the Crawley bench.I said he retired years ago !
Apparently the Mark Wright who is in TOWIE,something I know nothing about..Learn something irrelevant every day 😁

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
The Serpent on BBC. Excellent drama from the beeb, shown in 8 parts. Based upon the story of Charles Sobhraj, a serial killer who committed a number of terrible crimes mainly against backpackers in East Asia and South-East Asian starting in the 1970s. The jumping around the timeline is irritating and it took to episode 3 before I was content that we had made the right choice. Glad we kept going.

Colesman Ballz

The Serpent on BBC. Excellent drama from the beeb, shown in 8 parts. Based upon the story of Charles Sobhraj, a serial killer who committed a number of terrible crimes mainly against backpackers in East Asia and South-East Asian starting in the 1970s. The jumping around the timeline is irritating and it took to episode 3 before I was content that we had made the right choice. Glad we kept going.
I "binged" this last weekend and thought it quite good but with a couple of flaws. The major one, as you say was the continual yoyoing of the timeline, at times I almost .expected the Tardis to put in an appearance. The use of historic footage was a nice touch with on tha aviation front a Pan Am jumbo and even a Lockheed Constellation turning up, so why then go and use front and rear on shots of 21st Century, wide bodied twin turbo fan jets ? 7.5 torsos out of 10 thai sticks.

Oldsmobile-88

10th January 1970.
Casey Jones at 12.5. I would have been watching that.
F174B49C-6AF2-45C1-85C3-A84D1E6FAC94.jpeg

elginCity

Rugby Special- Ireland v Springboks, the anti-apartheid protests of multiple pitch invasions and drawing pins scattered on the pitch was great fun to watch as a nipper, but of course the politics went right over my head ! Gordon Brown was one of the protest organisers along with Peter Hain.

Oldsmobile-88

Rugby Special- Ireland v Springboks, the anti-apartheid protests of multiple pitch invasions and drawing pins scattered on the pitch was great fun to watch as a nipper, but of course the politics went right over my head ! Gordon Brown was one of the protest organisers along with Peter Hain.
I can vaguely remember the Springboks at the County Ground on that tour.Not that I watched or was indeed interested but I do remember loads of police & demonstrators in the area & asking my dad what was going on as we drove down Cowick St.

Rosencrantz

There was a great documentary on recently on BT Sport which covered that - Stop The Tour. Peter Hain's story is a very interesting one and of course you had both sides of the politics/sport debate. Easy for me to say, born years later, that the MCC were spineless regarding the Basil D'Oliveira non selection but...they were spineless.

Oldsmobile-88

11th January 1971.
I had forgotten all about Magician David Nixon & his show,it was pretty big at the time.
BF4FEB77-5AB7-426D-8B22-69FCE3F2E509.jpeg

DB9

11th January 1971.
I had forgotten all about Magician David Nixon & his show,it was pretty big at the time.
View attachment 5171
Timeslip was a good kids programme, Peyton Place my dear old mother (RIP) use to love that