• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

TV Times

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
27/11/1975

Loved the Six Million Dollar Man.Interestingly it was not simultaneously networked.ATV were showing Space 1999.
View attachment 4185
Spike Milligan in Q6 on BBC2 was funny as hell. As for The Six Million Dollar Man not being networked across ITV something to do with rivalry between the "Big 5" ITV companies? I remember the furore when Thames TV bought Dallas, Pinching it from the BBC and other ITV companies refused to air it. I think the smaller companies like Westward TV just had to go along with the majority vote of the big five.

Oldsmobile-88

Spike Milligan in Q6 on BBC2 was funny as hell. As for The Six Million Dollar Man not being networked across ITV something to do with rivalry between the "Big 5" ITV companies? I remember the furore when Thames TV bought Dallas, Pinching it from the BBC and other ITV companies refused to air it. I think the smaller companies like Westward TV just had to go along with the majority vote of the big five.
Vaguely remember the Dallas controversy..It was soon back in its rightful place....”Sue Ellen.You are a drunk,tramp & unfit mother”....Loved Dallas.

DB9

Vaguely remember the Dallas controversy..It was soon back in its rightful place....”Sue Ellen.You are a drunk,tramp & unfit mother”....Loved Dallas.
Yep Thames had to sell back to the BBC for a fraction of what it cost them, One of the reason they lost their franchise in 81.

Spoonz Red E

Interesting too that the listings refer to 'London ITV' as there were two separate franchises in London.
Thames TV during the week handing over to London Weekend for the weekend.

Alistair20000

Loved Pam. Victoria Principal :love: Not looking so good these days mind.

Oldsmobile-88

Loved Pam. Victoria Principal :love: Not looking so good these days mind.
Jenna : Pricilla Presley was my fave 😍

Oldsmobile-88

Actually looking back,I don’t think there has ever been a TV soap with more beautiful women.
Mandy Winger : Deborah Shelton..Another,I could go on & on 😁😁

Alistair20000

Actually looking back,I don’t think there has ever been a TV soap with more beautiful women.
Mandy Winger : Deborah Shelton..Another,I could go on & on 😁😁
Thinking about it, yes you are quite right. (y) So many to choose from.

Rosencrantz

There was a repeat of the very good The Proclaimers: This Is The Story last night on BBC4 where Craig and Charlie are interviewed by David Tennant and which documents their career. I have to say that when they came on to the scene, I was still a kid and didn't really get them as they were so different in looks and sound that inhabited the eighties music scene. As with other music acts though, as I have got older the more I appreciate them. Interesting interviews with Kevin Rowland and Paul Heaton who both played a part in them getting going and always good to see Edwyn Collins.

**Warning for Ali - This programme contains bits of Scottish Nationalism and little Miss Krankie** ;)

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Building Jerusalem. A documentary on the England rugby team leading up to that world cup in Australia in 2003. Very good! Great ending 😄