• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

TV Times

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
Some absolutely fabulous music and performances there!!!!.....
....BUT WHERE WAS 'WHISPERING BOB'.
The OGWT is not quite the OGWT without his dulcet tones to introduce each act. :(
Said exactly the same to my good lady, Seeing Bob with his 70's hair, Grinning those pearly whites and the dulcet tones that was just so right for the programme should have been included

iscalad

Said exactly the same to my good lady, Seeing Bob with his 70's hair, Grinning those pearly whites and the dulcet tones that was just so right for the programme should have been included
You sure about that? :)

DB9

You sure about that? :)
For the 1970's they were 🤣

Grecian2K

A Confession (on ITV) - the dramatisation of the Christopher Halliwell case.

Superbly acted, and presented in a believably understated way - although I do feel that (probably because it was primarily based on Steve Fulcher's own memoirs) it was a little over-sympathetic to the hapless Detective Superintendent.
Despite this, welcome reassurance that it's not only the Beeb that's still capable of producing top quality BRITISH drama - just a shame about all those frigging adverts that break up the flow.

Overall 9/10!

Just two final thoughts.
1) I'll never be able to watch Doc Martin again without wonder where 'Al' has buried the missing characters from past series.
2) If ever they decide to do a bio-pic of old Nigel Fartage, Martin Freeman will be a shoe-in for the role!

Oldsmobile-88

On this day in 1976 Noël Edmonds Multi Coloured Swap Shop was first broadcasted on BBC1.
A unusual format at the time for a kids program,live outside broadcasts,mixed with lots of chat,Maggie Philbin,John Craven & Keith Chegwin.

It all seems like yesterday !!

Oldsmobile-88

Just watched The Cameron Years on the BBC iplayer.

The excellent 1st instalment(of 2) has the major players talking about the decision to hold & run up to the EU Referendum..Well worth a watch.

iscalad

Motherland. Laugh out loud entertainment.

Stelios

Thanks for that, didn't realise there was a new series. I thought the 1st series was very funny. It's depictions were spot on (although the 'soft dad' was a bit too much of a caricature). I recommended it to people with children but they didn't seem to enjoy it as much. I think it was too close to the nose :ROFLMAO:

iscalad

Thanks for that, didn't realise there was a new series. I thought the 1st series was very funny. It's depictions were spot on (although the 'soft dad' was a bit too much of a caricature). I recommended it to people with children but they didn't seem to enjoy it as much. I think it was too close to the nose :ROFLMAO:
Kevin is still as useless as ever, but very funny.

Stelios

Just watched the 1st episode. Very funny. Cracking combination of cringe/laughs

Kevin on top form!