• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

TV Times

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
This is the chap I think of when the name Cheeseman is mentioned.
I don’t recall the player of the same name who turned out for the Grecians a couple of times & left a disproportionate impression on many.

Talfryn Thomas only took part in one series of Dads Army,he replaced James Beck(Walker) after Becks unexpected & sudden death.
He also memorably played Tom Price in Survivors in 1975.

DB9

" Private Cheeseman, Talfryn Thomas, was a rear gunner in a Lancaster bomber in WW2, flying many missions to Germany. The only survivor of a crash in '43, he had a mental breakdown. As part of his recovery, he turned to acting."

What a very brave airman, Only survivor of a crash, The trauma he must of felt!

Tim Long

" Private Cheeseman, Talfryn Thomas, was a rear gunner in a Lancaster bomber in WW2, flying many missions to Germany. The only survivor of a crash in '43, he had a mental breakdown. As part of his recovery, he turned to acting."

What a very brave airman, Only survivor of a crash, The trauma he must of felt!
Survivors' guilt; never able to reconcile why they survived when others died, when the answer was pure luck.

DB9

Survivors' guilt; never able to reconcile why they survived when others died, when the answer was pure luck.
Very true, A thumbs up "like" doesn't seem right.

Red Devon

Watched an interesting program on Discovery on the construction of Cologne Cathedral in Germany which was built on sand, it took over 650 years to complete but they never once veered off the original plans 😮

Avening Posse

Watching Narcos currently. Based on the rise and subsequent hunt for Pablo Escobar. Very good. Part of my rediscovering TV in 2020

fred binneys head

Watching Narcos currently. Based on the rise and subsequent hunt for Pablo Escobar. Very good. Part of my rediscovering TV in 2020
I’ve literally just this minute finished watching the last episode of the last series. Brilliant.

Avening Posse

I’ve literally just this minute finished watching the last episode of the last series. Brilliant.
I'm looking forward to the rest of it. I also noted you watched Breaking Bad for the first time this year, as did I, and that was great too. There is another great series about El Chapo on netflix which you might like as its similar and very well made

fred binneys head

I'm looking forward to the rest of it. I also noted you watched Breaking Bad for the first time this year, as did I, and that was great too. There is another great series about El Chapo on netflix which you might like as its similar and very well made
I’ll add it to the list! Next up is Narcos Mexico I think

Mr Jinx

I’ll add it to the list! Next up is Narcos Mexico I think
Don't get your hopes up. It wasn't a shade on the Columbian predecessor.