• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Trust questionnaire

Bridgy 81

Schoolboy error on my part. For the Disagree, mildly disagree, agree, really agree tick boxes I did not look at the boxes properly and thought really agree was the first column. DOH !. I spotted it later on but it means my answers for the early ones are the reverse of what I actually think !. I was going to do it again but it says somewhere you are not allowed to do it twice !. Oh well, an ex pat who only watches on Ifollow is not really the target audience so I will not be offended if they ignore mine :)
I think I may have done something similar.
I noticed on one page I'd assumed it started with like and moved across to dislike.
So I changed those and tried to see how to go back a few pages to check I hadn't done it earlier.
But I couldn't work out how to go back.
I may well have been me, or perhaps a fault in the questionnaire?

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
I noticed on one page I'd assumed it started with like and moved across to dislike.
So I changed those and tried to see how to go back a few pages to check I hadn't done it earlier.
I think you may be able to pick up a hard copy from the club and do it again.

David Treharne

[QUOTE="Bridgy 81, post: 2070505, member: 15567" I may well have been me, or perhaps a fault in the questionnaire? [/QUOTE]

It appears to have been put together, mainly to please those who will be analysing the data - ie someone at the University. The continuing use of lickert scales induces the kind of issues that have been highlighted elsewhere in this thread. Whilst it appears that the Trust is interested in data collection it has to rely on the Business School to carry out the work, and thus there will always be compromises, and it becomes not very user friendly. Whilst it shows that the Trust are at least interested in gathering information about current Trust membership, some of the questions ought to have been given space to provide information which more precisely pinpoints individuals feelings/thoghts about the current Trust organisation/management. It could also have been a useful ways of trying to solve the continuing conundrum of why such a small proportion of people who attend games are actually members of the Trust. I applaud its intentions, but worry that the data will give insufficient indication of what flaws there are in the current organisation.

ExmouthMart

Is it being sent to everyone or just a random selection?!
Received it now.

ExmouthMart

[QUOTE="Bridgy 81, post: 2070505, member: 15567" I may well have been me, or perhaps a fault in the questionnaire?
It appears to have been put together, mainly to please those who will be analysing the data - ie someone at the University. The continuing use of lickert scales induces the kind of issues that have been highlighted elsewhere in this thread. Whilst it appears that the Trust is interested in data collection it has to rely on the Business School to carry out the work, and thus there will always be compromises, and it becomes not very user friendly. Whilst it shows that the Trust are at least interested in gathering information about current Trust membership, some of the questions ought to have been given space to provide information which more precisely pinpoints individuals feelings/thoghts about the current Trust organisation/management. It could also have been a useful ways of trying to solve the continuing conundrum of why such a small proportion of people who attend games are actually members of the Trust. I applaud its intentions, but worry that the data will give insufficient indication of what flaws there are in the current organisation.
[/QUOTE]
Are there any flaws in the current organisation then?! Everyone seems to be singing off the same hymn sheet and judging by most of the comments on here most people are very happy and there is definitely no appetite for any sort of change. Bit odd the two questions about relocating and selling the club. Totally unfeasible in any form under The Trust. Surely that would mean the end of that particular model. 99% of supporters just want us to be winning more games than we lose and don’t really give two hoots about the running of the club. Otherwise everyone would be in the trust wouldn’t they?! People only generally get worried about something when there is a big problem like years ago when it seemed like the end of the club and there was a ground swell of support to do something to save it.

elginCity

Same here, Bridgy, noticed the like and dislike columns appeared to have reversed after the first few pages, and couldn't go back to check the form. Pretty sure the column format changed midway through, not good.

David Treharne

Are there any flaws in the current organisation then?!
Yes there are. Mainly these are to do with issues of tenure with Trust Board members, and the fact that it would appear (at the moment) that there is an inbalance in the proportionality on the Club Board. Without going into great historical detail the Trust propriertorship of the Club suffers from cyclical problems to do with tenure

Everyone seems to be singing off the same hymn sheet and judging by most of the comments on here most people are very happy and there is definitely no appetite for any sort of change.
It would be interesting to know what proprtion of active members of this forum are members of the Trust and how you can justify a sweeping assertion that "most people are happy and there is no appetite for change" Exeweb, unfotunately, tends to represent a skewed view of what 'fans' [ie Sid and Doris Bonkers]{with apologies to Private Eye} actually think - thant's why its important to extend this survey beyond current membership of the Trust.

Bit odd the two questions about relocating and selling the club. Totally unfeasible in any form under The Trust. Surely that would mean the end of that particular model. 99% of supporters just want us to be winning more games than we lose and don’t really give two hoots about the running of the club. Otherwise everyone would be in the trust wouldn’t they?! People only generally get worried about something when there is a big problem like years ago when it seemed like the end of the club and there was a ground swell of support to do something to save it.
Bit difficult to comment on this, as you throw in a couple of rhetorical questions which, in fact, are imponderables. 99% of supporters? can you be sure? Everyone in the Trust? Statistically unlikely in any event. That the Trust survives, thrives (debate) and continues to run the Club, as well as attracting new membership all the time suggests that there is something going on means the model works. Not always well, often clunkily, but compared to ownership models elsewhere works for Exeter City. So to go back to your first point, being a member of the Trust will give anyone an opportunity to participate at a level that suits them, and, as the survey shows can influence decision making (especially when it comes to a ground move).

andrew p long

You are Adam Ant and I claim my £5
Have only just realised that FBH had earlier suggested Snoop Fog was 'adamant' in response to the same comment. Went whistling over my head at the time...(pearls before swine.... etc)

iscalad

Once upon a time Exeweb put a banner across your avatar to indicate Trust membership.

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
Have only just realised that FBH had earlier suggested Snoop Fog was 'adamant' in response to the same comment. Went whistling over my head at the time...(pearls before swine.... etc)
Me too much to subtle for me