• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Trust Member Numbers

milts

Is there anywhere I can find out the number of contributing trust members there have been in recent years?

I think it will be interesting to see how rapidly this number falls going forward.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Frank Sealey may know (email him via the Trust website) but the records were very out-of-date until recently.

It was reported at a recent Trust Board meeting that there are currently about 3,600 members. This is 536 fewer members than immediately after the Liverpool game, but about 25% of the 737 people who had joined then have continued as members and a trickle of new members continue to join. As also previously mentioned, less than 10% of ST holders are Trust Members.

It's anybody's guess how this will hold up after the disappointment of the last couple of seasons. Maybe if we draw another top PL team at home in a cup they'll shoot up again. ;-) (winky smiley thingy).

rightwing

Well-known Exeweb poster
One ot the agreements that I have with Laurence is that Trust membership numbers will be published on a regular basis, together with a list of initaitives to increase the membership.

hatch4england

The numbers are far less important than the income generated. At £2 per month, you need a hell of a lot of members to make any difference at all (other than huge membership meaning that any resolution requiring an absolute majority to pass is unlikely ever to be carried).

richard_portland

Very well known Exeweb poster
Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
The numbers are far less important than the income generated. At £2 per month, you need a hell of a lot of members to make any difference at all (other than huge membership meaning that any resolution requiring an absolute majority to pass is unlikely ever to be carried).
You are not wrong however I would imagine they would rather people paid £24 than nothing. I pay this, mainly for the priority now that I am paying per game but I used to pay more. This is the challenge for the trust, can they engage the membership and get people to add a pound or two a month which all adds up?

tavyred

Very well known Exeweb poster
I see that the Brentford trust website gives an accurate (I assume!) and up to date membership total on it`s front page.

http://www.beesunited.org.uk/

Was it the Bees trust that realised that a controlling interest in Brentford FC was not in the interests of both themselves or the club and invited bids from outside?......Hmmmmm.

David Treharne

I see that the Brentford trust website gives an accurate (I assume!) and up to date membership total on it`s front page..
The matter of membership numbers was discussed at the Ownership Working group last night. It seems that Frank Sealey might well be able to give an accurate figure after 11th May(dunno what it is that makes that a critical date!) and there seems likely to be a slump in the previously reported numbers. As with all BOS related issues, which grind slowly towards some intended conclusion, there appears to be moves afoot to introduce different levels of membership with a view to stimulating and encouraging continuing ongoing membership (but of course it's being dealt with by a sub committee)

Was it the Bees trust that realised that a controlling interest in Brentford FC was not in the interests of both themselves or the club and invited bids from outside?......Hmmmmm.
I think there's a degree of 'spin' coming from Brentford here. As I recall they needed to raise a large sum of money quickly and invited interested parties to provide it - realising that if they waited for the Trust to raise the money the parcel of land that they wanted to buy for a new ground would have been sold elsewhere. They live in a catchment area where there were (apparently) several Brentford supporters who were able and willing to provide the capital needed to buy the land from Network Rail - which they have done