• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Trust fans forum - 22 March

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Well hosted Peter - time to take over from Scott & Craig !
UTC

Pete F

Well hosted Peter - time to take over from Scott & Craig !
UTC
Thanks Guzz , really enjoyed it and glad you liked it.

Not mentioned on the fans forum updates, don't forget an evening with Brian McDermott & Friends is at the Heavitree Social club tomorrow at 1930, a small amount of tickets are left.

SaintJames

Not mentioned on the fans forum updates, don't forget an evening with Brian McDermott & Friends is at the Heavitree Social club tomorrow at 1930, a small amount of tickets are left.
Why is it at the Heavitree Social Club?

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Why is it at the Heavitree Social Club?
Nothing to do with the club.

SaintJames

Nothing to do with the club.
I will ask the obvious question but why is an evening with a former player not at the club and in association with our club?

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
I will ask the obvious question but why is an evening with a former player not at the club and in association with our club?
You will need to ask the organisers.
This event isn't being put on by the club or the Senior Reds. Senior Reds events are free.

Bridgy 81

I think the person who posts on here about the event explained this previously on the relevant thread.
The date, I believe, was largely determined by the main speaker’s availability and when the organizers approached the club about booking a suitable room none were free (maybe because we have a home match the following day so they’re set up for hospitality in advance?).
I also recall the organizer said on here that they’ll try the club again in future as a potential venue for any further events. Presumably in part so the club benefits from the bar sales.
Their adverts say any money made from the evening are being donated to a mental health charity, our Community Trust and the Adam Stansfield Foundation.
Hopefully it’ll be a success and an enjoyable evening.