• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Trust elections rerun

geoffwp

Very well known Exeweb poster
Have you read his manifesto? His big priority is reform of the trustee election process :unsure:
If Alistair is prepared to throw a bucket of cold water to wake the trust up that's good enough for me.

Djg123

Vote David Thompson!
Fully agree.

Anybody planning to vote to re-elect Hawker, Le Milliere or the other yes men who are currently on the board, need their heads checking after the recent incompetence coming from both boards

Last edited:

StudentGrecian

Fully agree.

Anybody planning to vote to re-elect Hawker, Le Milliere or the other yes men who are currently on the board, need their heads checking after the recent incompetence coming from both boards
I think they’ll be re-elected, but I can see their winning margins taking a hit. Hopefully providing a wake up call that not all trust members are happy with the status quo.

Colesman Ballz

Fully agree.

You really are an idiot who knows bugger all. NLM is not a current member of the Trust Board, having stepped down for a year as required by the Trust regulations. Neither is he a yes man, quite the opposite in fact, and the first to stand up to any erratic proposals that the CB might come up with, that is not in the interests of the fan base. He is also widely respected throughout the Fans movement nationally, as well as working tirelessly on behalf of Grecian fans.
Next time, try doing a little research before posting, and save yourself from looking stupid.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
I do think we need to look at the bigger picture when it comes to the board. Overall they have all done an amazing job and really helped the club make huge leaps forward off of the pitch and also overseen a promotion season. WE have made huge strides forward as a club in the last 4-5 years and also oversaw the business during the Covid season.

The problem is, that was largely during positive times on the pitch, right now we are in a huge negative and part of their jobs they have all taken on is to also ensure they take the corrective actions at the right time. The issue is they have failed miserably in this regard with Caldwell and the statements / interviews coming out from the club have been largely been poor. I think for the overall good of the club and its fanbase Caldwell leaving will at least be a focal point with a new person coming into hopefully galvanise us, but also to forward plan for next season now when we will likely be relegated as Caldwell isn't the man for us.

If we lose to Carlisle on Saturday, then what is left for Caldwell here? Seriously.

I would personally be looking at Wayne Carlisle, Mark Bonner or Danny Cowley. I Have offered Caldwell to Birmingham for free and including me giving him a lift up to St. Andrews.

Last edited:

fred binneys head

If Alistair is prepared to throw a bucket of cold water to wake the trust up that's good enough for me.
Hilarious.

i8cornwall

What Is the situation regarding nick Hawker as club board chairman if he doesnt get voted on to the trust board?
Hahahahahahahahahah oh you where being serious?

All the people talking the talk of getting those who have kept Cadwell in and ushering in a fresh start will vote for Hawker and then complain everything is shit still.

Personally fair play to those standing for re election, yet again, you have over seen an utter disaster.

I mean it's actually hilarious when you think about it. Like giving the captain of the titanic another ship to pilot across the Atlantic!

(I am of course aware said captain did go down with the ship but you get what I mean).

cannockred

Hahahahahahahahahah oh you where being serious?

All the people talking the talk of getting those who have kept Cadwell in and ushering in a fresh start will vote for Hawker and then complain everything is shit still.

Personally fair play to those standing for re election, yet again, you have over seen an utter disaster.

I mean it's actually hilarious when you think about it. Like giving the captain of the titanic another ship to pilot across the Atlantic!

(I am of course aware said captain did go down with the ship but you get what I mean).
It was a serious question. Is he CEO or whatever because he was appointed by the trust or is he an independent director.

I am sure the question wasnt that difficult to understand.

I really didnt ask you for a diatribe just because about 3 boards ago didn't put up a statue to you🙂

cannockred

Fully agree.

There are those that do and those who just post continual crap on a website.

Which one are you I wonder?

Grecian2K

Spot on as regards tactical voting
Can we assume that,like Hartridge's feeble effort yesterday (at the right end) the election will be "first past the post".
Or, like yesterday, will the only contribution by the selectorate be an own goal?