• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Trust elections rerun

lamrobhero

What’s that then? I’m all ears. Substance please.
I wish you well in trying to take things forward. My take is that the Trust / Club as a whole (i.e. not just the Boards) is composed of a wide range of disparate individuals. To get a united front around a particular policy is difficult. One of Nick Hawker's great strengths is his negotiating skills and capacity to span the divide.
My problem is I feel disconnected from the leadership and what I am getting is the type of management speak I used to get when I was working. Your exhortations about me providing substance also echo that. Obectivity is great (I come from a science and legal background) but it can be limiting.

SaintJames

Ok, you’ve got nothing. Fair enough.
All I can suggest is the point of difference ie Debra's gender was different to the other candidates therefore to that poster offers a potential she/he thought beneficial? Maybe?

i8cornwall

This is a great read, keep it up guys!

Been saying it for years, fans of city are treated no differently to fans of any club. Welcome to that harsh reality but you bet on the wrong horse for years now, these people only care about staying in power and the cushy perks that come with it.

Different is they are playing with you're money and not their own.

ChardGrecian

Simple question: were Nick Hawker and/or Jeremy Tipper involved in the recruitment and selection of Gary Caldwell?
If so then I feel they must explain why they appointed a manager with such a dreadful record and now be addressing the issues and concerns of the fans.
If not then they should tell us what they are doing to deal with those responsible.

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Simple question: were Nick Hawker and/or Jeremy Tipper involved in the recruitment and selection of Gary Caldwell?
If so then I feel they must explain why they appointed a manager with such a dreadful record and now be addressing the issues and concerns of the fans.
If not then they should tell us what they are doing to deal with those responsible.
We do know the Nick Hawker gave fulsome praise to GC's management skills at the Trust AGM. I rather think he was speaking for the whole Trust Board and maybe also the Club Board.

Gordon Dale

Serious question - how do you cancel your trust membership? Logged onto the fancy new portal and can’t find the answer…
Tom : Your reaction is understandable but please reconsider. Why do I say that ? In the current scenario it is not unreasonable to presume that is what 'they' want. ...to generate apathy. Unfortunately , by and large 'they've' succeeded. How many turn up at Trust Board meetings, the Trust AGM or even voted in the recent election? The turnout did increase during the re-run ...maybe , in a small way, my intervention might have sparked a reaction?
Apathy amongst the membership, although understandable, is Bad News for Democracy and extremely Bad News for OUR club.
Rather than resign your membership I urge you, and doubtless others, to attend BOS meetings, in person or on Zoom , and formally raise questions. The greater the pressure for change the greater the likelihood that it might be attained.
I shall be attending tomorrow night.

Gordon Dale

David, I hugely admire you for standing, you along with Nick Hawker (for continuity reasons) had my 2 votes. No other candidates floated my boat as it were.

I think you may have stirred some activity amongst the fan base and sense we may be able to mount a challenge from your platform.

I would like to see if there or more like minded fans who might be able to take things forward.

DM me if interested in meeting and discussing how we might progress this.

UTC
Thanks for your kind comments. I shall formally request that my concession speech , to which you refer , is posted on the Trust website. Can I suggest that you ZOOM tomorrow night's BOS meeting ?

Gordon Dale

But I ask again....What change?

As max has said, changing the trust board will not change the manager and will not affect any decision by the club board.

Read through the posts on this thread.

The will is there, but someone else has to do it. A rough translation is ' I am a keyboard warrior but I am not going to stick my head above the parapet.

Someone did, bravely, stand on a change platform and didnt get voted in. What does this tell you?
Interesting final question!

Gordon Dale

We don’t appear to have the personnel on either Board to navigate the challenges, that’s the issue.
SO...the onus is on the membership to pose the searching questions and follow-up the key issues...ensuring that all the responses are minuted and published on the Trust website.

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
Very few people have been concerned about that dreadful record up until a couple of months ago where any questioning of it was shut down with considerable derision,so what is there to explain?