• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Trust Elections 2023

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
Thank you for your comments , apologies for the hicup half way through ! Delibrately didn't let the candidates know in advance , as I wanted so see them thinking on their feet !!
Thanks Pete, I appreciate your perspective but as a trustee I doubt they will have to think on their feet much, they will have time to consider, reflect, put their ideas forward and come up with a solution together. I would rather someone who can come up with good ideas than someone who can think on their feet.

An example was the question from the American gentleman (George?) about the community groups we were not yet reaching in terms of engagement. I thought the answers to this question were quite weak, but if they hadn't seen the question beforehand that’s perfectly understandable. I would have preferred the candidates to have been able to properly think about the question and then delivered a considered response.

Anyway, that’s just my preference, you did a great job tonight.

fred binneys head

And I didn’t see the start of the session - what were the reasons for the non-attendance of 3 of the candidates?

Pete F

And I didn’t see the start of the session - what were the reasons for the non-attendance of 3 of the candidates?
Neil LE M had a long standing engagement , he couldn't get out of , AL & Debbie had last minute work commitments , Neil did a piece to camera which we played, Al & Debbie will be offered the same and will be sent the questions that were asked , for them to reply to if they want too.

fred binneys head

Neil LE M had a long standing engagement , he couldn't get out of , AL & Debbie had last minute work commitments , Neil did a piece to camera which we played, Al & Debbie will be offered the same and will be sent the questions that were asked , for them to reply to if they want too.
Thanks Pete, I don’t mean to labour the point but Neil, Al and Debbie will now have time to consider their responses to the questions set which puts them at an advantage over the others, yet it was them who were unable to attend.

Anyway, I’ve made my point, I’ll get back in my box now 👍

NleMecfc

Indeed they have, a few. Mr Yates...DM me...
Neil Le M hates Exeweb, but was forced on here a few years ago as all the other candidates posted here.
A bit strong to say I "hate" EXEWEB as its not true. As someone else has said my only problem with Exeweb is that it allows people to hide behind false/fake names and icons. I won't engage with anyone that won't have the common courtesy to identify themselves and post under their real name. If anyone wants to engage with me openly then feel free and I will happily indeed respond. However I don't routinely read or come on Exeweb so you would have to contact me elsewhere, directly, or in person at a game - I'm only on here now as AY called me and told me about a post on here which I came on to look at.

Grecian Max

A bit strong to say I "hate" EXEWEB as its not true. As someone else has said my only problem with Exeweb is that it allows people to hide behind false/fake names and icons. I won't engage with anyone that won't have the common courtesy to identify themselves and post under their real name. If anyone wants to engage with me openly then feel free and I will happily indeed respond. However I don't routinely read or come on Exeweb so you would have to contact me elsewhere, directly, or in person at a game - I'm only on here now as AY called me and told me about a post on here which I came on to look at.
😂 So the vast majority of exeweb then

Why are you so scared of engaging with people who don't have their real names? Why does that even matter if good points are raised?

Seems like a cop out to me - you're wanting to represent many people who's faces you won't know or recognise

iscalad

Fair enough hate was a bit OTT. I think I was the one that said about anonymous posters.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Thanks Pete, I don’t mean to labour the point but Neil, Al and Debbie will now have time to consider their responses to the questions set which puts them at an advantage over the others, yet it was them who were unable to attend.

Anyway, I’ve made my point, I’ll get back in my box now 👍
I agree with FBH that there have been ads / disads for candidates in the process so far but given that there were only 29 individuals on the Zoom meeting last night when I left it when it appeared to be hijacked by unpleasant individuals then may be any "damage" can be corrected by written responses by all ?
29 out of the apparent 4000 trust members attending last night appears to indicate that Zoom hustings needs reviewing anyway.
Overall the process needs to set clear ground rules for all concerned including trial by Exeweb etc
UTC & good luck to all candidates - can someone confirm when votes must be cast ?

😂 So the vast majority of exeweb then

Why are you so scared of engaging with people who don't have their real names? Why does that even matter if good points are raised?

Seems like a cop out to me - you're wanting to represent many people who's faces you won't know or recognise
You make a good point Max. It is an internet fans forum for heavens sake. Welcome to the 21st Century.

I prefer my Trust Board to represent themselves in person at meetings, rather than via a screen, however I accept that some don't live nearby. Maybe I should only accept the views of those who attend in person...just a thought.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
You make a good point Max. It is an internet fans forum for heavens sake. Welcome to the 21st Century.

I prefer my Trust Board to represent themselves in person at meetings, rather than via a screen, however I accept that some don't live nearby. Maybe I should only accept the views of those who attend in person...just a thought.
So if we held meetings on match days then it is more likely that all could attend in person?
UTC