• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Trust Elections 2019

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
What a totally stupid post. First off you seem to want to represent other "exeweb readers" in their judgement of HUFC1885's approach, and his general questioning approach. Its an open forum where he was free to post whatever he wanted FFS. Just because it doesnt suit you.

The second paragraph takes the biscuit though, childish in the extreme; Implying that anything he said or did was likely to alter Richard Knights prospects in the election; I hope HUFC1885 doesnt feel bad, because any right minded person wouldn't let an abundance of fliers on here affect what a candidate had said in his/her manifesto. I know our HUFC chums fliers and posts went on somewhat, but you had to pick your way through it if you didnt like it. Theres bugger all he can do about it now.
Yet another load of horse manure from the Wild West ! Don't you have a branch of Specsavers in Az ? It was clearly a personal opinion, prefaced by "I for one". Perhaps you should actually read and make sure that you thoroughly comprehend a post before sounding off !

Last edited:

Red Bill

To be fair, it's the format of having an individual thread for each candidate that's the cause and not HUFC1885 asking questions of each.
If you want to compare answers from all candidates to a particular question then HUFC1885's method is valid.
I've found it relatively easy to recognise any questions that I've seen already on the other threads and have just jumped to the diffent answers.

Maybe next year it would be better for a 'Questions for Candidates' sub forum and a thread for each question with all candidates having an option to answer on the thread.
Of course, if the Trust improves its own website the forum could be on that and Exeweb could offer links and comment as it does with Club, CCT and Ladies Football at the moment.

Having said that, thanks to the candidates, Exeweb and questioners and quibblers such as HUFC1885, yourself and others.
It has helped me make my choice.

I'm not in favour of the everyone on one thread format myself. I like being able to put questions to candidates sometimes based on what they've said in their manifestos. Sometimes I want to put the same question to everyone but not always. I like the idividuality of the separate threads. I think one thread for all might be a bit too much info to take in. Plus I like that the candidates have shown their initiative and their willingness to engage which is a little more obvious to me in this s format.

HUFC1885

This is the ninth time that you have repeated this post on this forum, and the other eight were a total waste of exeweb readers time. I for one also wish that you had asked general questions to all candidates just here on this thread too.

I had intended to vote for Richard Knight until you acted like his personal election agent and went and plastered his flyer on every other candidate's page. So perhaps I should thank you for making my choice a little easier !

I wish to apologise to you, I was asking a question and the flyer was something I hoped a candidates would have done
I found it very helpful to have the extra information

Again sorry

Ash

Oh I'm sure you have really!
Yeah ok, maybe ;)

elginCity

To be fair, it's the format of having an individual thread for each candidate that's the cause and not HUFC1885 asking questions of each.
If you want to compare answers from all candidates to a particular question then HUFC1885's method is valid.
..................Maybe next year it would be better for a 'Questions for Candidates' sub forum and a thread for each question with all candidates having an option to answer on the thread....
Exactly. To make a better informed choice, I too posed the same question to each candidate, wishing to gauge the response about a subject important to myself.

An excellent idea for a unique thread per question, which would work very well if it could be limited to say, 5 questions only. Any more and it would be too unwieldy and difficult to follow. Perhaps submit questions to a a poll beforehand, top 5 put to the candidates !

Ash

I wish to apologise to you, I was asking a question and the flyer was something I hoped a candidates would have done
I found it very helpful to have the extra information

Again sorry
That flyer put me right off voting for Richard tbh, although that was nothing to do with you posting it everywhere. There were a lot of things about it I didn't like at all and it made it clear to me that although he is clearly committed to the cause, his execution left a lot to be desired. It was helpful in a way though, as it cut my choice down from 8 to 7.

LOG

Don't forget that it's the Trust AGM tomorrow when the election results will be announced. 11am at The Phoenix Centre.

Linky thing: https://www.weownexetercityfc.co.uk/single-post/2019/11/03/Trust-Annual-General-Meeting-2019---Meeting-Papers

feverpitch

Well-known Exeweb poster
At the Trust AGM tomorrow, there will also be chance to buy a copy of "The Story of Exeter's St James' Park", the Trust-commissioned book to mark 125 years at SJP. Just £19.99 (cash).

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Looking forward to hearing who got elected!

AndrewP

M5 closed a Western Super Mare. Left home at 7am to make the AGM, not missed one since i joined in 2003. Looks like i’ll be lucky to make the game let alone the AGM!. Hope Cheltenham travelled last night!. Hope no ones died etc......but frustrating!.
Have a good agm. Look forward to seeing who gets the votes