• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Trust AGM

Lager Lout

Well-known Exeweb poster
Please let there be someone with a one pledge manifesto - to push for a referendum to ask the membership the question:

"Do you wish for Paul Tisdale to be given notice on his two year contract?"

Alas, distance and being a non-member prevent me from standing!

LL

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
I would just like to endorse Terry's comments. Just ignore for a moment whether you agree with what the Trust Board does (or even if you believe we do nothing).

Can I assume that you are a Trust member because you at at least "buy in" to the principle of Trust control. There are currently circa. 3,300 of you. From that number it should be a given that there would easily be at least 0.21% prepared to put their head above the parapet. Yet, from past experience, that may not happen.

A democratic body is only as strong and effective as the people who are prepared to get involved in the mechanics of it and, yes, it does involve time, commitment and energy. I can only plead with members to think about it, whatever your view about us, If you think we're doing things wrong, have the wrong priorities or aren't effective enough, don't sit on social media whinging, or even if you have no such opinions, come on in and join us! We're currently under represented in terms of the younger generation, women and ethnic minorities. All are welcome.

I have been on the Trust Board (formerly the BoS) at various times since 2005 so if anybody wants to ask any questions or needs more information on what being a Trustee is all about, then please feel free to PM me.
Pete with due respect I do not think anyone with the right background and again I mean BUSINESS background and skills needs to ask anyone what being a Trustee is all about.

They should be coming there with a clear aim of doing what they think is necessary to kick the complacency out of those individuals who are currently blithely sailing the good ship ECFC on to the sand banks.

Now is also not the time to go all PC (Women Muslems whoever fine if they have a business background and backbone) but for heavens sake concentrate on getting experienced people in not just "I have supported the Club for centuries etc". If our model of ownership has any chance of succeeding we need to see the BOS showing strong leadership which so far because of its make up they have manifestly failed to do.

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
Pete, contrary to popular belief, the trust elections aren't going to solely focus on the, seeming, only issue in your Exeweb life. (Goalkeeping seems to have been waylaid)
I think goalkeepers is the least of our worries right now. Surely you must agree that Rae's revelations from last night cant just be dropped, and that everyone carries on as normal?

PeteUSA

Alas, distance and being a non-member prevent me from standing!

LL
...Me too.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
I was going to post this in the Tagg thread, but I think this perhaps warrants its own post.

I received my e-mail this morning confirming the date and details for the Trust AGM and elections to the Trust Board.

The link to the pack is here - I recall at last years AGM there were 4 posts available and only 3 nominations. I actually can't remember the last time that I actually had to vote for a Trustee election.

I cannot stand as I am not able to attend the meetings, but if anyone does want to stand and needs someone to support their nomination then feel free to send me a PM.

I would encourage anyone who is a Trust member who does not feel able to stand to similarly offer their support to someone else who might want to - to me this is the biggest hurdle in the process, and the more "willing supporters" there are, the more candidates there will be, and in turn the more likely we will be to find the right people for the Trust Board.
Seven vacancies this really is a great opportunity and possibly one off opportunity to change the makeup and ethos of the Trust Board.

This should be widely publicised because if there are seven individuals who can get together with a united front and a united manifesto they might just succeed in persuading the others to their views and we may at last see a BOS with some teeth. Come on guys and gals do not lose this chance get together because this could be a heaven sent opportunity to really change things.

PeteUSA

Whatever happened to 'the slipperies'?

denzel

I'd give it some thought

Last edited:

denzel

Pete with due respect I do not think anyone with the right background and again I mean BUSINESS background and skills needs to ask anyone what being a Trustee is all about.

They should be coming there with a clear aim of doing what they think is necessary to kick the complacency out of those individuals who are currently blithely sailing the good ship ECFC on to the sand banks.

Now is also not the time to go all PC (Women Muslems whoever fine if they have a business background and backbone) but for heavens sake concentrate on getting experienced people in not just "I have supported the Club for centuries etc". If our model of ownership has any chance of succeeding we need to see the BOS showing strong leadership which so far because of its make up they have manifestly failed to do.
However this has scared me off. Not everyone has BUSINESS experience and I'm guessing if your interest is a community role this shouldn't be a pre requisite

PeteUSA

Under the circumstances, I would have thought that any mature well meaning city fan would be welcome. Any port in a storm and all that...

Pete Martin (CTID)

There are currently five Trust Board members with substantial business experience, including one who is a manager of a major local business.

Always room for more of course as several might decide to stand down (or not).